Ch.5. Tigaie trouble

//Hello everybody that came from my TikTok, or just on this app, I hope you've been having a good time reading this fic! And once again, a new ( but a little shorter than what it was supposed to be [sorry <:c]) chapter!! I hope you all enjoy it!//

After a long while, Ethan's cries had slowed into a flurry of hiccups and stutters of breath, moving from his crouched position into leaning onto the sink for support. Ethan's throat was once again dry and scratchy, he rubs at his eyes and face before sitting up and leaning forwards, taking a beep breath choking down the hiccups wanting to come out.

Are you alright Mr. Winters? A voice finally cut through his exhausted mind. 

He'd forgotten that they were there and had seen his whole meltdown. "Y-yes. I'm better now." Ethan sniffed, voice scratchy. But they saw what happened and he knows he's a horrible liar sometimes. It was pointless to try, but he swung nonetheless.

Hmm. Lady Dimitrescu hummed in an odd tone. He could tell she saw right through it but decided to let it go.

Ethan just looked at his hands on his lap. As the voices and whispers faded away again, he looked at the room around him, before just looking back at his hands again. The marble and crystal molded hands felt stiff and cold along with the rest of his body.

Mr. Winters? One of the younger women's voices brought him back out of it again.

"Oh sorry, yes?" His throat itched.

Are you still up to eat? You weren't seaming up for it for a while. The woman's voice jumbled around through his thoughts as he remembered. He hadn't eaten all day.

At this revelation, his stomach finally made its displeasure known, and it felt like it was trying to boil through his intestines and skin. He couldn't tell if it was, but taking no chances he scurried up the side of the sink and leaned onto it as he grabbed the potatoes. "Thank you for the reminder!" He called as he rushed through the door nearly tripling himself. Down into the living room and then the kitchen, remembering where he had left the cooking pots, or tigaie in Romanian, his brain reminded him.

He rushed back into the living room and back in front of the lit fireplace putting the pan onto it. Right before he could just trough the uncooked food onto the tigaie a voice reminded him of something important that he had forgotten.

You won't cook through the whole thing if you just put it onto the tigaie, you have to slice them into pieces before you do that. A smooth and sarcastic filled his head. 

"Right, there should be a knife back in the kitchen" Ethan whispers to himself, his stomach was not helping his brain to think everything through causing his simple mishaps. So once again he when back and found one of the only ones that seemed the smallest out of the ones there, the rest seemed to have only been meant for meat cutting or skinning hide. He went back to the fire and pan again and started cutting and putting the potatoes onto the tigaie. The smell made his stomach crunch up and churn in hunger, and his mouth water more than it should be.

Ignoring it he decided to start leaning right in front of the fire and warming up his body from the odd chill he had earlier. Which then made its way in as an invitation for conversation, as the uncomfortable silence was not wanted by both Ethan and the voices. In the silence the creaking of the castle was finally finding his ears, he had forgotten how much damage the bomb had caused.

And how much it must have damaged his own body.

Ethan looked back to his hands again, the chill was still in them from earlier. At the moment he just raised his hands to the fire and discovered that his hands were somewhat translucent. Like how one would be able to see light through the skin and meat of your fingers but less like the way the hand isn't seen though he could make out shapes from the fireplace in front of him. Other small details included strings of something running through them making parts of the light darker than other spots.