Stronger together

Yes, she was a modern, strong independent woman, but the warm hug it gave her soul to know that he, Lok, Prince of Asgard, rightful King of Jotunheim, Odin's son,  had vowed in public to be her soulmate for life just quite simply made her happy. 

 And happy was in short supply these days. 

Despite their reunion, wedding and impending new arrival, Loki was still struggling. Hard as it was to believe when he walked through the corridors all smiles and battle armour and apparent easy confidence yes, he was still scared. The nightmares attested to that.

A few weeks after their marriage, as they lay sleeping, Ali became aware of an all too familiar noise. Opening her eyes groggily, she knew it was Loki, murmuring and looking distressed in his sleep. She was unsure if she should wake him, sometimes it actually made it worse, but the indecision was short lived. Suddenly he gasped and sat up, wild eyed, sweating and shaking.

"Darling, its ok" she soothed, sitting up with him and stroking the markings on his back, something she had come to know helped him reground after a nightmare. Her voice seemed to startle him and he turned in fright. "Shhhh Loki, I'm here my love. It was a dream" he fell into her open arms with a sob and she cradled his head on her chest as he calmed down.

"Will this ever stop?" He wondered aloud "will I ever be at peace?" He looked up at her from where he lay, his face chiselled from the finest blue lapis in the pale moonlight, a sheen of sweat on his brow and upper lip. No matter the circumstance, she still thought he looked breath taking. He stayed in his Jotun form at home with her now just as she had asked. Her heart melted for him and she leant down, kissing his forehead.

"Yes my love, you will, I promise. Dreams are natural, both good and bad. They process and exorcise the demons. Each one consigns a little more to the past where they belong. Remember, I am here and will keep you safe, as you have kept me - us - safe. " she smiled and stroked his soft raven hair. He seemed to accept this and relaxed snuggling her chest, looking up at her. "Thank you my Queen" he whispered, "I'm sorry to have woken you". He stroked her thigh, his long fingers gliding over her skin leaving trails of fire as he spoke. The way he called her his Queen, Gods, it always made her insides twitch.

"Well since we ARE awake my King...." she giggled softly and wriggled down the bed, easing herself next to him. Kissing him hungrily, she moved his hand from her thigh to her breast and he responded immediately, rolling her nipple between his thumb and fingers. With a small gasp she pressed herself against his hand more, kissing him again "perhaps we could distract ourselves in the best possible way?" She smiled into the kiss as she heard him moan softly grinding himself to her.

"Oh my pet," he growled "you are indeed becoming insatiable - with which I have no issue whatsoever. You really have no idea do you? What the sight and feel of your changing body does to me these days?" he didn't wait for an answer, "Our child grows within you and my love and my desire for you grows with equal measure. Let me show you..." he gently pushed her back onto the pillows supporting her. In the moonlight he leant over her, his raven hair falling like a curtain over his face, she pushed it back, tracing his cheek and lips then ran her hands over his chest and down to his navel. He closed his eyes and moaned, his growing desire self evident against her soft body. She felt herself clench and burn deep down in that way she now knew so well.

He lay down next to her turning her slightly to face him, supported by their bolster, so she would be more comfortable, and began to kiss her. Her lips, her neck, her breasts, down over her belly and her thighs. She felt her body respond to his touch, his feather like lips teasing and tormenting her. With a low and wicked laugh, he scrambled down the bed, kneeling between her legs, his fingers stroking her intimately. He smiled knowingly and slipped a digit between her folds, into her core. As she gripped the sheets, tipping her head back, pure carnal pleasure etched itself on her face. Her voice was low and breathy, her eyes closed,