Chapter 1- Homeworld Bound

It is December 9 of 2019. 3 years have passed since the beginning of the Era 3 and the change of heart of the Great Diamond Authority and 1 year from Pink Diamond's Spinel failed attempt to destroy the Earth. Now Steven Quartz-Universe, the son of the late Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz, the leader of the Crystal Gems, is having an existential crisis.

He doesn't know what to do with his life. Having living the life of a hero in the believe that he had the obligation to solve the mistakes of her mother, Steven lived a life dedicated to save the others, even helping to save the galaxy for a War of the Worlds from the Gem Empire, though he caused it's explosion at the first place, but now he feels that nobody needs him and he doesn't know what is his place in the universe. His heroic life made him a useless person for the human society, not having any education nor social skills to interact normally with other people

He at first decided to go with Jasper for help and besides the Quartz trained him and learnt to control his powers, he went berserk and almost killed her. After that, he went to the Gem's Homeworld, in hopes that his other family could help him to find the peace and balance that he needed. After not finding any help from Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond, Steven, guided by Spinel, decided to ask help to the empress of the Gem Empire and his grandmother: White Diamond.

They entered White Diamond's room, which, for his surprise, it wasn't all white and black but it was naturally illuminated by the lights of the outside that entered through the windows and had several flowers and plants in one of her walls.

They found White Diamond sitting and meditating. After hearing the guide range of powers that her daughter had, White Diamond couldn't help but to feel proud for her and ashamed for herself. Her daughter Pink developed a lot of powers in just her 20000 years of life, while she had lived millions and only developed a few of them. If Pink was alive she could easily defeat all the Great Diamond Authority by herself.

Following Pink's example, White Diamond started to train in body, mind and soul to learn her true potential and become stronger to protect the ones that she loved. She wouldn't commit the same mistakes of the past. At feeling Steven's aura, she opened her eyes, happy to see her grandson.

-What perfect timing Steven. I've just got back from my recent charitable escapade. I've been going from planet to planet giving voice to the little Gem- White Diamond said charmed.

-White Diamond's powers work in reverse now!- Spinel shouted with emotion.

-What does that mean?- Steven asked confused.

-Why don't I show you. May I, Spinel?- White Diamond said pleased while standing up.

The truth is that White Diamond was also excited by this. She enjoyed it as much as Spinel, maybe even more. However, Spinel wasn't the Gem with which she used more that power that helped her to become a better leader, as well to feel, think and do things that she never thought that she would do in her eternity. Spinel get very excited, moving her arms with speed and shrieking with excitement.

-Yes please- Spinel said a little ashamed.

White Diamond closed her eyes as well that Spinel. Both Gems extended their arms and then White Diamond started to shine in different colors that illuminated the whole room.

-Guess who!?- Spinel and "White" Diamond said, stopping to shine.

However, her Diamond color was different. All her colors were different. They had the same tone of pink as Spinel's, as well that her voice was Spinel's one. That wasn't White Diamond. It was the lovely and cartoonish Spinel Diamond.

-What!?- Steven said chocked.

-Isn't it great? Instead of taking control of other Gems, she can channel our thoughts into her body, so we can control her instead. Watch this!- Spinel and Spinel Diamond said excited at the same time.