~ Chapter 19 ~

After they changed back into their clothes, Duncan preceded himself on walking out the door. He heedfully checked in either directions; one towards the dark, vast body of water with the moon's strip of reflection being undulated by sparkling waves. The other being the campground where everyone quietly slept. Duncan's hand held onto Armana's as she closed the door behind her and they followed the pier. Armana listened to the water babble, plash and murmur when they walked on the lakeside, her eyes tracing the sound to a luminescent, silver moon turning pirouettes in the currents of the water. It was prepossessing to look at, especially during the nighttime when the moon couldn't be in the shadow of the sun. Duncan felt her procession after him slow down, turning to see her looking off towards the lake.

"Sorry, it's just pretty to look at." Armana bashfully smiled at herself but Duncan dismissively shook his head.
"It's fine, we can sit and look at the view if you'd like." He offered. She nodded in response.

They sat away from where the water swashed and by the rocky cliff where rocks were eventually loosened after the waves' sediment eroded the rock to split off a rock face and big boulders to break off into smaller pieces.

"Ya know, there's no mistake that this Wawanakwa place is dingy, old and a drag but you have the good, the bad and the ugly."
Duncan began, hearing interjections of Armana conveying her comprehension. "Basically, everything is each their own. Like, the bad is plainly the quality of this campsite, the ugly is the island's interconnection with the tv show but then the good is the nature about it. You get to see this type of beauty that you normally wouldn't see anywhere else."
"You're right, Duncan. This island has the prettiest sunsets. I tend to like to look at the water because it just seems more picturesque than it would if land masses were blocking it."
"Mhm."

Armana listened to the water some more, feeling the breeze push cool air against her skin that allowed heat to transfer from it. Duncan pulled her close, always securing her from any imminent events that worried her mind. The angle of her inside his arm drew him, the vector, into her magnetic influence; kissing her on the forehead again. The intimacy and simplicity about it made a type of warm, bright energy flow from her frontal lobe, perhaps about the skull being cherished and protected by whom she considered a love one. Suddenly, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her in multiple places, causing her to react sheepishly.

"Duncan." She laughed as he kissed her, reflexively shrinking her neck into her shoulders. Although as she thought of it, he wouldn't publicly act this affectionate towards her, knowing he'd want to spare at least some of his reputation.
His lips then landed on hers, separating with a smooch.
"You're just so cute," He awed, still holding her face. "I can't eat you up, so I'm just gonna deal my aggression through kissing you."
Armana smirked, "Well I mean, you can eat me up metaphorically. Or physically...like you just did a moment ago."
Duncan wantonly licked his lips before leaning into her to bite her lower lip.
"Don't rouse me up again, princess." He cautioned her, his mouth speaking against her's.
But her tongue passed over the bottom vermillion and dabbed it over the mucosal transition so their lips were slightly interlocked.
"Doesn't sound like something dangerous to me."
"Not unless you want those clothes off again."

Duncan distanced himself to look at her challengingly, cocking an eyebrow. Armana licked and pushed her tongue inside her cheek in ponder, resting her index finger on her chin. Then a smile rose in a look of humble.

"Maybe another night." She chose, hearing him laugh in response.
"What made you decide against it?" He inquired her.
"I don't know, it's merely because I don't know how much time's passed since we've been out here. Everything feels risky too." She reasoned.
"You're right....but...isn't that what's edgy about it? The rush and thrill about getting caught? The temptation of doing something you shouldn't? The fear...you'll be found out?" His voice lowered as he listed on, slowly filling her head.
"Yeah...that's what's drove me both times we've snuck off, Duncan. The idea that Chris or someone could be watching us in this surveillance room. Besides the morality of it of course."