Dice

Dice was such a small thing when he was born. Killer could only assume it was because of his soul, but at least the child was here. Their child. Baby Dice. Finally. Rane and Killer fell head over heels for their baby in an instant. Anyone could tell they were going to be that overprotective couple. Due to his size, he was kept away from the toddlers. He would join them eventually when he was big enough to. For now though, they took turns between them and him. The little Skeleton was a curious one. He liked to 'explore' his parents hands while babbling softly. Dice reminded Rane of his mother, definitely. Curious, round, pitch black sockets and sweet little smile. Eventually Buns was given to him to cuddle with and explore despite Fierce's loud protests. All of which seemed to fall on deaf ears.

🎯🎯🎯

Killer and Rane were more than happy to go out with the other humans and Skeletons so that they could introduce Dice and let him get some sun. Nightmare Jr ran after Fierce and Iris. "how's little nightmare jr doing?" Horror asked as he kept an eye on the kids. "he got in trouble for stealing and lying about it." Nightmare sighed. Raising a child was hard work. "how's fierce?"
"She bites. Hard." Taylor replied to which his mate patted his hand. "And Iris?" Dust and Lilly shrugged. "She's an angel." They didn't have difficulty with the tiny tot. "glad someone is having a great parenting experience.." Nightmare chuckled to himself. Rane and Killer looked at each other. They weren't having much difficulty either. Still, Killer decided to console his friend and king as Nightmarehad done for him. "well you are raising the second embodiment of negativity ever." Killer said, rocking baby Dice. They didn't ask why Dice. Nightmare already knew why. "that's... true." Nightmare agreed. "Well, Nightmare Jr is MY baby boy and I love hi- NIGHTMARE JR DON'T EAT THAT!!!" Sidney scrambled away to take way something or another. "error at the anti again?"
"The souling is kicking Error's metaphorical as-butt." Taylor replied, eyeing Dice and Killer. The latter looked ready to murder for the near slip of the tounge. It was a good thing Taylor caught himself.  Killer with emotions was unpredictable.

🎯🎯🎯

"If you go down in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise~" Rane sang holding up Buns. "if you go down in the woods today, you'd better go in disguise~" Killer sang from where he was sitting Dice up. "For every bunny that ever there was~" Rane shook Buns a little, causing Dice to smile with glee. "will gather there for certain because~" Dice squealed with excitement. "Today's the day the bunnies have their picnic~" Rane 'attacked' Dice with Buns, the child squealing and laughing. They laughed at his reaction, more than happy to see him having fun. This was perfect. This is what they wanted, what they would fight to keep. Forever.

Ok. Three of five books down! I've been working on this project for almost a year now. Started it Oct 20th of last year. I should be able to finish it at some point in 2023, preferably before next Oct but if not, it's not like it's gonna kill me, lol. So I'll see you guys in the next one, Crazy! Have a good morning/afternoon/night!

-Kyran