𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Background Info: Maria Mendez was born in the small suburbs of Denver, Colorado. Her parents are Fernando Mendez and Sol Mendez. She's an only child, which bothered her since she was younger. She then met Robin Arellano, her next door neighbor at a young age and ever since then have been inseperable. They met Finney in elementary and have since then been friends with Finney and his little sister Gwen. They were also there for him when his mother had passed away as well. Maria was also pretty close with her other neighbor Vance Hopper. They were almost siblings at the most. He was like the older brother she never had and she was like the little sister he never had. Maria was very popular, not only because of her looks, but because she's always fighting with her partner in crime, Robin. Robin and Maria are always there for Finney as he continuously gets bullied. Robin and Maria eventually developed a crush for each other over time, but they continue to hide it, living with a flirtatious friendship.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

I woke up to the fresh sunlight hitting my face through my white, silky curtains. It was finally Saturday, the weekend. I looked to my side to see Robin clung to my waist like a small child. He looked so perfect while sleeping. I couldn't help but stare at his features and run my fingers through his long brown hair. I smiled and kissed the top of his head as I attempted to get out of bed.

"Nooo, don't leave me," He said as he snuggled closer to me. I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Robin, it's already 9, I have to go get ready for the day." I said as I tried to move his arms off of me. "Noo, let's just sleep in for 1 more hour," He said as he gripped tighter onto me. "Robin, shut up and let me get up," I said as I smacked his arms and he finally released me. 

"Ughhh," he groaned as he rolled over, face down into a pillow. "Come on Robin, I have a full day planned for us." I said as I walked up to my closet to pick an outfit for the day. I grabbed a pair of dark brown bell bottoms and a white long sleeve turtle neck with my dark brown ankle boots. I looked over to still see him laying down. "Now Robin," I said with an annoyed town.

"Fine fine." He said as I walked to the bathroom to change. I let my hair down since it was naturally straight and walked back out to see Robin fully dressed and ready for the day. His eyes darted towards my body and he smiled. "You look really pretty," He said as I blushed at his comment. "You're not so bad yourself," I said as he smiled and stood up. 

We both walked downstairs to the kitchen to see my mom making breakfast and my dad hurrying up for work. "Morning," Robin and I said as we approached the table. "Morning sleepyheads, where are you guys off to?" She said as she served my dad a plate. "Dunno yet," I said as I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed some juice from the fridge. 

"I thought you said you had a day planned for us, mentirosa" Robin said as I poured myself a glass. "I just wanted to you to get up," I said as I smiled and drank my juice. He rolled his eyes and headed towards the door. "Ready then?" He said as I finished my drink and put the glass in the sink. "Yeah, bye mom see you later" I said as I kissed her cheek and headed towards the door.

"You guys aren't going to eat breakfast?" She said as she turned off the stove and started to clean up. "Nah we're good, thanks mom" I said as I rushed out the door. "Bye Mrs. Mendez!" Robin said as we started our walk towards nowhere. We both laughed as we made it out the door away from my mom. "She was gonna stuff us before we even get to have fun," I said laughing.

He laughed a bit harder and was holding his stomach. We both finally calmed down and smiled at each other. "Where are we even going?" He said as we continued walking down the sidewalk. "I dunno," I said as I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking. Just then Billy came riding his bike down the road, throwing his papers. "Hey Billy!" I said as I waved. "Hey Maria!" He said as he smiled and waved, then threw another paper. 

"I don't get how you're so nice to everyone but so mean to me," Robin said as I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "Shut up you big baby," I said as he laughed and grabbed my hand, getting back up on the sidewalk. We continued holding hands as we reached the mini mart. "Let's grab a snack and head to the movies?" I said as we walked inside. 

"Sure," He said as we parted ways to start our snack hunting. I walked up to the fridge to grab a snack and noticed Vance at the pinball machine, as usual. "Hey Vance," I said as I grabbed a coke. "Hey Mar, what're ya up to?" He said, still focused on his game. "Nothing much, just gonna go see a movie with Robin. Hey Vance," I said with a smirk on my face. "Yeah?" He said still focused. "You dropped your pocket." I said as he looked down and lost his game.

"MARIA!" He yelled as I laughed and ran away quickly, looking for Robin. "Robin! Hurry let's go before Vance get's me!" I said laughing as he hurried and grabbed his snacks. We quickly payed and darted out of the store. I was laughing so hard and Robin just smiled and helped hold my snacks. "You're crazy Mar," He said as he smiled and put his arm around me. "Yeah I know," I said as I looked over at him. 

He was looking into my eyes and I looked into his. Soon we both stopped and our faces were only inches part. Then he quickly backed away and continued walking. "What? Do I make you nervous pretty boy?" I said as my laugh followed my words. "Shut up Mar," He said smiling as we approached the movie theater. Man, our day was going swell. 

 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

After our day had finally ended, we decided to go hang out with Finney and Gwen. I knocked at the door as Robin fixed his hair through the window. I rolled my eyes and Finney opened the door. "Oh, hey Mar and Robin," He said as he opened the door and let us in. "Hey," we both said as we sat down on the couch next to Gwen. "What're you guys up to?" He said as he sat down next to us. "Nothing much, we were just hanging out all day, then we decided to come bug you guys." I said. 

"Oh cool cool-" "YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHO STOPPED AT OUR HOUSE TODAY." Gwen said cutting off Finney. "Who?" I said as Robin and I laughed. "DONNA. SHE STOPPED BY TO GIVE FINNEY SOME COOKIES," She said as Finney covered her mouth with his hand. "Oooh someone's gotta crush!" I said as Robin and I laughed and Finney turned red. Just then the phone started to ring but we all kept laughing. 

"Hey kids, I got news," Finney's dad Terrence appeared through the door. "What's up?" I said as I spoke for everyone. "Have you guys seen Billy the paperboy today? He hasn't come home yet." He said in a worried tone. "Yeah, me and Mar saw him this morning on our way to the movies." I then felt a worried expression appear on my face. Robin then noticed and grabbed my hand. "The police are looking for him, he hasn't come home since..." He said as he walked away.

"I've better get going then," I said as I stood up and Robin followed. "Thanks for coming guys, see ya" Finney said as he walked us out. "See ya," Robin and I said as we made our way back to my house for another sleepover. Little did I know, that would just be the first of 6 disappearances and there were more to come...