Ch. 24: Bat Rings

All five friends were silent until the pizza was put on the table. Kurapika waited to grab his slice last.

"Alright, cut the crap guys," Zen groaned, "This is painful."

Y/n looked over at Juliet. The girl had been giving Kurapika the death stare since the friend group arrived at the arcade. Apparently, she still had not forgiven Kurapika for the anguish he caused.

Leorio picked up a second piece of pizza. "Juliet has made up her mind," he said, "There's nothing we can do to change it."

"I promise everything is good now," Y/n laughed at her friend. Juliet looked like a toddler that was pissed off because she didn't get the toy she wanted.

Juliet suddenly put her pizza down and pointed at Kurapika. "You hurt my friend ever again and I will break your neck," she threatened.

Kurapika, who was sitting next to Y/n and diagonally across from Juliet, crossed over his heart with his hand. "Cross my heart and hope to die," he said.

"You better," Juliet sneered.

Zen clapped, "Alright. We can move on now!"

Y/n smiled, "I'm gonna whoop your ass at every game in this place."

"Oh no no no. I've been practicing," Zen waggled his finger.

Secretly, under the table, Kurapika reached over and put his hand on her thigh after he was done eating. Y/n did her best to not let it show on her face.

"Wait! I forgot," Juliet said, suddenly digging in her bag and pulling out two plastic spider rings. She handed the one to Leorio.

Y/n reached in her pocket, "I brought mine too!"

They looked at Zen and Kurapika. Zen tossed his on the table, "It's been in my pocket the whole time. I'm surprised it didn't fall out in the wash." Y/n laughed at him.

Kurapika pulled out a necklace that had been hidden under his shirt. Y/n smiled, "I'm honestly surprised you are wearing something with a spider on it."

"It doesn't happen often," Leorio agreed.

"Exactly. Like why didn't you say something sooner. I wouldn't be heartbroken if you didn't keep it."

Kurapika rolled his eyes, "Because it was cute. You got one for everyone and I wasn't going to be rude."

After dinner, Zen and Y/n immediately went rushing to battle each other at ski ball. Juliet, Leorio, and Kurapika sat out- all taking bets on who would win. Three of three were placed on Y/n, and three of three were correct in the end. Later, Kurapika and Y/n played alone where she won yet again.

Y/n was by herself at a fishing game when a guy approached her. "I like your shirt. That's my favorite show," he complimented.

"Thanks," she smiled, "It's mine too."

He pulled out his phone and started to hand it to her. "Can I get your number?"

Suddenly, an arm was over her shoulders. Kurapika smiled innocently at her.

"Sorry," she said, "It was nice meeting a fellow fan of the show though!"

"Yeah... see you around," the guy gave Kurapika a weird look before walking off.

Y/n laughed at him, "Talk about jealous. That was worse than me at the bookfest."

"What can I say?" Kurapika shrugged, "A guy's gotta protect what's his."

"What's his? You haven't even asked me to be your girlfriend yet, you weenie," Y/n smiled. She fake punched his shoulder.

Kurapika laced his fingers with hers, "Well, do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"I though it was obvious- for fucks sake, yes," she smacked him on the shoulder again to hide her embarrassment.

At the end of the night all five of them went to the prize counter together. Leorio used all of his tickets on candy, Juliet bought herself cotton candy and saved the rest, and Zen bought a bunch of those cheap plastic toys.

Y/n stepped up next to last. She took a minute to decide, but ended up getting a little bit of candy and bought five bat rings that matched the spider ones from last time. While she was passing them out Kurapika ended up buying her the giant stuffed teddy bear from the top shelf.

"How'd you even get enough tickets for this?"

Kurapika smiled, "It's a secret."

Word Count: 716

A/n: Ahhh it's over :(

Thank you so much for reading this, it means a lot. 

I've had a lot on my plate lately on top of recently getting back into writing. I put a lot of work into this but I'm not that proud of how this ended up turning out. I hope y'all enjoyed it at least a little bit. Maybe sometime in the future I will come back and try to fix pieces I'm not happy with.