Prologue

It was a peaceful day in Cthg. As always, the sun beat down on the villagers; most stayed inside. All stayed inside: save for 1 baker, baking in the sun. He made the sweetest bread and everyone in the village bought it, but to make it he had to work everyday - even days like this. He looked to the horizon, wiping sweat from his forehead, and saw fire. On days as hot as this there were often wild fires so he went back to making his bread. After a painstaking 20 minutes of kneading he looked around again. The forest fire on the horizon was still burning; a much larger area of forest, still far away though so he went back to making his bread. Suddenly, he felt a huge gush of wind flow over him, rattling the houses of his fellow villagers. He looked back to the fire: wings. Wings as red as a sunrise before a storm; no, brighter. Spikes blacker than soot adorned the top of them. He recognised these wings. They were dragon wings. Dragons ravaged his land, Cthg was the 7th village he'd lived in; but these were not the wings of just any dragon - they were the wings of Muka-Unta. Muka-Unta had come to be known as the Lord of the Dragons - the most powerful dragon in all the land. The flame that came out his jaw could burn down a citadel in 6 seconds. He was powerful enough to fight the 4 greatest Dragonslayers ever; at least 10,000 lives had been lost to this beast. Muka-Unta was also cruel, destroying villages and killing innocent civilians for no known reason, but he clearly enjoyed it, burning the charred embers he left behind of the poor towns he had come across. As he flew above the trees the baker got his first proper look at him. Two jet-black horns extruded his devilish head, the blood red scales blending with the blazing vortex that came out his cruel mouth. He had crooked, curved, serrated teeth, each sharp enough to go straight through bone. His entire body was covered in large spikes, each as dark as his mind. Muka-Unta's claws could pierce the hardest of metals and his scales could withstand the sharpest of knives. At the tip of his vast tail were three thagomizers, each more deadly than the last. With a swoop of his powerful tail the ashes were blown away and whipped away the only evidence that this village ever existed. There was a small boy, a baby, who was saved. His parents had noticed the dragon and ran for it, placing him on the doorstep of another, nearby, village that was not on Muka-Unta's path of destruction. But they made a fatal mistake in going back to save the other villagers and - like the rest - were never seen again...