Forever In My Heart

It was ten years ago when the first sightings of the deadly virus were discovered all over the world. It caused death among millions and lockdowns were forced in all countries. It was the first time humanity faced an abomination after decades and it took the world by storm.

Two years after and humans as their nature began to forget. Lockdowns were lifted and lives were continued as if nothing happened.
Inferior vaccines were given and people thought they were safe. Unless those among the unfortunate who watched a family member rest in peace continued to take extreme caution against another unpredictable wave of infection. However, the majority of the world presumed their lives unaware of the beast lurking in the darkness.

The same deadly virus kept changing forms and evolve with numerous reports across the globe but governments decided to favor money over lives and forced the media to give little to no information about the virus anymore.

A couple of years after and it reached its final form a live video on social media went viral for 10 minutes about a man waking up after having a heart attack and presumably die. The first sighting of a zombie. He attacked everyone around him and blood splattered all over the room.

The video was quickly taken down and the media said it was fake and made up but few people kept posting online about it. They became fewer and fewer because anyone who said anything about it, the account would be taken down immediately.

A month later and humanity still lived in denial until an image was shared on the internet. A photo of a crowded stadium but the crowd was not people. It was a crowd of zombies and the stadium was covered in blood. Under the image was written "I don't know why they keep silencing us. I don't know how much time I have left before I turn. I don't know how or where you will see this. If you see this know it is the truth. Death. Is. Coming. RUN!"

And now. The year 2030. In a Place formally known as Japan. Now called humanity's last stand. Yes, it was the last known safe place on earth. Major powerhouse countries were brought down by the plague and became a wasteland, or for a better word, a zombie land.

Yuzu Aihara, a member of a special force with a mission to search, rescue and destroy was outside the country taking cover behind a car with a sniper rifle aiming at a zombie's head after she sighted a life sign inside of a store but before they go in they need to eliminate the zombies crawling around the store.

"Alpha in position"
"on my mark"
"ready"
"shoot!"

Yuzu gave the signal and all the zombies were blown to the ground. They proceeded with caution inside the store finding a couple more zombies and killing them. They reached a closed door and Yuzu pulled out her device.
"the signal is coming from here"

They broke the door and found an unconscious girl laying on the floor. Yuzu raised her hand stopping them from shooting. She scanned her and found no traces of infection. They took the girl back to the base for further testing and treatment.

"hey boss!" a soldier called out to Yuzu making her turn around.
"you dropped this" he handed her a picture and Yuzu took it. She stared at it with a tear dropping from her eye. She nodded and thanked him then stuffed it inside her gear.

"Yuzucchi?" Yuzu looked up at her and saw her friend.
"you good?" Yuzu hugged her tightly burying her face between her neck to cover her sobbing face as she shed some tears.

They stood like this for a minute with Harumin patting her back as she knows exactly what her friend feels.

Yuzu calmed down and broke the hug sniffing a couple of times.
"I'm taking a break for a week" she said wiping her face.
"The team is in your care, Alpha"