𝐦𝐫𝐬. 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes

as Diana went on her walk, she heard footsteps behind her. it wasn't like she was scared, but when she heard more she turned around but saw nobody behind her.

"shit, i gotta tell the guys!" someone whispered as they began to run, catching Diana's attention. "hey!" she said, trying to catch up with them. boy was they good at running. Diana quickly gave up, and instead started walking back home.

on her walk back, she started kicking small rocks that were laying on the ground. and while thinking of that mysterious person, that voice sounded very deep and familiar but Diana couldn't get a glimpse of their face, so it wasn't possible that she knew them.

as soon as she got home, she saw her mother waiting outside with a huge smile on her face. "Di you're finally back!" Ruth smiled. "yeah mother, why?" Diana asked, skeptically raising an eyebrow. "i want you to see someone, he's inside and ready to see ya" Ruth smiled. "do i know them?" Diana asked. "you'll have to figure that out" Ruth smiled, pulling her inside.

as soon as Diana looked around, she saw a familiar face. Sodapop Curtis. he smiled at her, very happy to see his best friend again.

"hi" Diana smiled. "hi" Sodapop nodded. "y'know Di, Sodapop always came over like everyday after you left" Ruth spoke. "really?" Diana asked Sodapop, smiling. "mhm, i missed ya" he nodded. "i missed you too" Diana said, sitting down next to him.

"how 'bout y'all go on a walk and catch up while i make dinner?" Ruth offered. "sure," Sodapop and Diana said at the same time then looked at each other, awkwardly. "we'll be back in a few" Diana said as she began to walk out.

♡♡♡♡♡

"so where'd you been for six years?" Sodapop asked, looking around. "illinois. literally wasted six shitty years of my shitty life" Diana sighed. "how was it like being married to Thomas?" he asked. "it was good at first, but he cheated on me with some secretary of his. he probably did it because i didn't want sex with him. i wasn't even sure if i loved him" Diana shrugged, lighting a cigarette and then taking a small drag

"hey," Sodapop said, snatching the cigarette away from Diana then stepping on it. "what was that for?" Diana asked. "y'know those aren't good for ya" he shook his head. "says who?" Diana asked, now in a bad mood. "doctors" Sodapop stated, handing Diana a small piece of peppermint candy from his pocket, she hesitantly took it.

"are you a doctor?" Diana asked, amused. "y'know, i'm not liking your manners" Sodapop shook his head, he couldn't even see himself arguing with his girl best friend. "i'm not even crazy about yours, i didn't even ask to see you yet, i don't even mind if you don't like my manners. i don't even like them myself. i must say my manners right now are pretty bad" Diana shrugged, looking at the ground.

"it happens to everyone when they're heartbroken, this is why Dally's manners were always terrible five times a week" Sodapop chuckled. Diana couldn't help but chuckle either. "you see Soda, marriage is another common mistake two people make together. everybody makes mistakes" Diana mumbled.

"how was tulsa been since i left?" Diana asked, wanting to change the subject. "not that fun, i couldn't even handle not bein' around you" Sodapop said, placing his arm around Diana's shoulders. "i missed you and the guys a whole lot, i couldn't even talk to anybody. Thomas never let me, he didn't even let me step outside or call anybody" Diana recalled.

"if we were married, i wouldn't treat you as bad as Thomas did.." Sodapop trailed off. Diana's eyes widened a bit, then looked up at him. "i'm about to get a divorce, besides i think all guys are the same. i think it's better if i don't get married ever again" Diana shook her head. "not all guys are the same, some can be aggressive, others can actually be sweet. you just gotta see the good in them" Sodapop said, hoping he'd convince Diana.

"i promised myself i don't want to fall in love again. the last time i fell in love, the man i thought i loved cheated on me. i don't see the good in anybody, i don't even see it anyway" Diana shook her head. "it's okay Didi, it takes time" Sodapop whispered, brushing Diana's hair with his fingers.

"i'm sorry for being impudent. i just can't get over all of this" Diana apologized. "hey, it's okay. i'm just lucky to have ya back" Sodapop smiled. "are the guys home? i wanna see 'em" Diana asked. "yep" Sodapop nodded.

"what are we waiting for? let's go see 'em!" Diana grinned. "alright, alright" Sodapop chuckled. "i miss Darry's homemade chocolate cake, it tasted like heaven. i also really missed Steve and Two-bit's goofy personality and your nice looks as well as your bright personality" Diana confessed.

"they miss ya too, don't you worry. i definitely missed you the most, besides Ponyboy" Sodapop chuckled.

while they walked all the way to Sodapop's house, they started talking about lots of things, from memories to dreams.

their conversation was very long that they didn't even know they reached Sodapop's house. it looked a bit more nicer, the grass was more greener and it looked like there were actually more repairs. it even had more color, which made it better.

"Didi, no need to knock on the door anymore like you always did. you just walk in" Sodapop chuckled as he walked inside. Diana followed. when they both walked in, the rest of the boys immediately froze, quickly recognizing the girl who they haven't seen in six years.

"hey guys, look who i brought with me" Sodapop spoke, breaking the silence. as soon as he said that, Diana started getting attacked with hugs from the guys, almost squishing her. "guys!" Diana whimpered. "oops sorry" Two-bit chuckled, then all the boys pulled away from their group hug.

"see guys, i told y'all i wasn't lying man!" Dallas yelled, shaking his head as he stepped out to have a smoke. "wait, so the shadowy person was you all along?" Diana asked. "yup, i'm glad i was the first one to see ya" he smirked from outside.

"where'd you go?" Ponyboy asked, boy was he tall for a twenty year old. "i was at illinois, i thought Soda told y'all?" Diana raised an eyebrow. "we tried asking your mom, but she didn't know cause you and Thomas the asshole didn't tell her" Two-bit shrugged.

"i wish i told y'all sooner, but i felt like y'all was gonna be against it besides that fact that Thomas was a soc," Diana shrugged. "well, i think i should get home, my mom's cookin' dinner and i don't wanna worry her" Diana smiled as she walked over to the door.

"c'mon can we come with ya pretty please?" Two-bit pleaded, making his puppy dog face that he used to do quite a lot. "jesus christ Two, i thought you stopped that but yes, y'all can come" Diana nodded. and after that, they all started walking while chatting all the way to Diana's house, just like good ol' times.

oh my god, so i found that this book reached 150 reads in two days and i want to thank you all!

i've been feeling highly motivated which is the reason why y'all are getting constant updates

mwahh

stay gold

~ alma