Chapter 10

Wayne Charity Ball.

So many voices are murmuring around. I step back, away from the stage. The lights came back on and The Riddler stood front and center. "Wow what a party huh?! Let's give a round of applause to the man himself Matthew Wayne!" He clapped into the mic. 

"Put your hands up Riddler!" Gordon steps near the stage, a pistol out. More of GCPD stepped out after. He did what the commissioner said, putting them up. "Why of course Jimmy but what for?" 

"For the murder of the Nigmas, and for the current plan to attempt the murder of Edward Nigma," he says, still aiming his gun. The Riddler yawned, sarcastically. "Actually, you are right AND wrong Gordon. But I am a busy man and fortunately for ME, I do not have time to explain so let's cut to the chase." A small remote appeared into his hand. "Everyone in this room is going to die, a poisonous gas that will come out from each vent that is in this room. That gas isn't so friendly, as your meaningless lives will perish just breathing in the TINIEST bit of that gas. BUT I am a fair man though so if you want to get out and prevent the body count.. here's a riddle."

"I have endless make-overs but I never know my look. I can make any dull room bright. Have fun figuring it out. Oh and don't think about leaving through the doors either," he points towards the doors, closing shut. A security alarm starting to go off. 

"Anddd that's my cue! Enjoy the last ten minutes of your life!" The Riddler began to walk off until Gordon's wife yells, "There are children here!" 

Riddler looked back at her, having a slight frown. "Well, sorry but that isn't my problem." He laughed and disappeared. The people in the room panicked, everyone looking everywhere to leave. People tried to open the doors but it wouldn't budge. I ran to Alfred. "Shit, I can't get to the limo for the suit Alfred." Alfred shook his head, "The people don't need Batman right now sir. They need you." I took a long look at him then ran to Gordon. 

"Jim! There is a way to get out!" Gordon was trying to keep his family calm. He turned to me, "Yeah right. Batman solves these damn riddles, not me. What the hell does that even mean? Any dull room bright?" I looked around, beginning to see people take the paintings off the wall. 

"Wait. Paint. Something colorful," I said, getting the idea from the paintings. Gordon squinted his eyes at me. Alfred showed up behind me and tapped my shoulder. I look at him and he points to the only bright white wall in this beige colored room. "The secret emergency exit.. how'd I forget? Or, how did Riddler know.." I thought to myself. 

"Jim, help me get everyone over to the white wall over here! Quick!" He nods and tells his family to follow me to the wall, and his officers to lead them over as well. I tell Alfred to help me open the door, since it hasn't been opened or used since it was made. We struggled to open the door. "Bloody hell, we should have used this at least a couple of more times after your father made it!" Alfred yelled. I checked my watch. 

Five minutes remained. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arkham Asylum.

Oswald Cobblepot was laying down in his cell, with Bullock and Blake in their beds next to him. "What a joke. I finally figured out my plan and it's foiled by some pussy cat." He snickered and sighed. 

An explosion is heard from outside of the cell. The three get up and look out the cell bars. "Guards! AYE!" Bullock yelled. A grey mist was shown, and a silhouette of a man was shown. The Riddler stepped out of the mist, with a huge grin on his face. He laughed, "Oswald Cobblepot! The Penguin, what an honor." Cobblepot looked confused. He looked around the area, "Who the fuck are you?"