PROLOGUE

Metallica wasn't easily intimidated

She knew that she was a lot more powerful than most supes.

And of course, no normal human would ever try to take on the hero, knowing that Quinn could probably decapitate them in a matter of seconds.

But sitting across from Stan Edgar, Voughts CEO, made her feel like a powerless kid.

She didn't know what it was about the man's presence that could intimidate even the strongest supes.

Even in a world full of people who could probably kill him faster than he could say "You're fired," he still stood tall, and didn't give a single sign of being scared.

"Metallica, I'm glad you could join me" The man said,looking at her over the rim of his glasses.

"Well, when the big boss calls you always answer," Quinn said, letting out an awkward chuckle, feeling Mr.Edgars intense stare.

"I respect you Quinn. I respect your work ethic" The man stated, referring to Quinns supe work   "Most importantly, I respect that you're a loyal employee of this company. That's why I have an offer for you"

"I'm listening"

"We want to create a Superhero team."

"Kind of like Payback?" Quinn asked, referring to the old team of heros, which was led by Soldier Boy.

"Yes similar to Payback, only this team will be called The Eight. Comprised of eight of Vought strongest heroes" Mr. Edgar explains.

"And you want me to be a part of it?" Quinn asked, surprised. She didn't doubt her abilities, she knew she was one of the strongest heroes ever . It wasn't acting cocky, it was her being confident in her abilities. But nevertheless it was still heartwarming that her boss thought that she was one of the best, that he thought the 18 year old girl was good enough to compete with some of Voughts most seasoned heroes.

" Of course Metallica. Your ratings are one of the highest in the company and the people of New York love you. By accepting this offer youll of course be getting better pay, health insurance. I just need you to accept the offer." The man concluded, shooting the brunette a look that said "Answer fast, or be gone"

Without much of a thought Metallica agreed, who was she to say no? She had always been a fan of Voughts old team, Payback. This would make her one of Voughts top supes, which would get her better cases to work. There's only so much burglaries a girl can handle before being sick of it. Quinn wanted the big cases, the terrorist attacks, the natural disasters.

Maybe it was foolish of her to still hold on to her childhood idols, but she wanted to be like Soldier boy. Hell he was the reason why she wanted to become a supe.

Quinn saw a lot of herself in Soldier Boy, they both came from poor backgrounds, both had to prove themselves to the people around them.

His legacy gave Quinn hope that someday she would also rise to the top.

But Quinn wasn't going to be like Soldier Boy, she was going to be better. She was going to be more stronger and powerful than he ever was.

Quinn Heartford was going to be a household name, no fuck this Metallica was going to be the best hero there ever was.

And joining The Eight was a step in the right direction.

At least that's what she thought at the time.