Chapter One ↷⌇ Drenched..

It was a cold, misty night. Each fragile waterdrop falling from the sky made a light splash against the hard concrete outside, the pavement having a darker tone each time they crashed. Ouma lifted his hands, cupping them above his forehead to make a cover, attempting to shield himself from the rain. The bright lights surrounding him stung his eyes, making them as watery as the rain everywhere. 

He heard the buzzing of car engines as they bumped against the road and the gentle meow of stray cats, practically in the same position he was in. Drenched.

He gripped his shoulders, attempting to make himself feel warmer. Ouma let out a shaky gasp as he looked around him, paranoid of what was near. Suddenly, a familiar voice hissed into Ouma's ear, " Need help? ". Ouma yelped and took a sharp turn around, facing the figure. He adjusted to the sight and saw someone...familiar.

There he was, the famous sleuth who played the star role in Danganronpa: Killing Harmony, Shuichi Saihara. 

He shone brighter to Ouma than any sort of light could. Saihara had an umbrella that he held gently over his head. " Well? " the taller male asked politely, slightly tilting his head. Ouma gulped, not knowing how to answer. Saihara crossed his arms, obviously waiting for the liar's response.

      " ..W-What?! Like... I'd need help. From someone like you! " He crossed his arms as well, turning his back on the other. Saihara glanced at the back of Ouma's head with confusion. '' Ouma. I'm gonna assume that's a lie. You know, it's alright to ask for help sometimes. " He shook the umbrella to remove any extra rain and held it over the other's head. Saihara attempted to duck under the umbrella along with the other but was unable to fit. Although Saihara was getting soaked and could easily catch a cold, Ouma was more important to him than anybody.

      Ouma tried to distance himself from the detective while being protected by the material of the umbrella. He focused on the noises that the raindrops made as they crashed into the umbrella. "The rain is lovely isn't it?" Saihara said suddenly, smiling gently at the liar. Ouma shrugged, not having an idea of how to reply. Saihara took his view off of the smaller male, focusing on the road as he crossed it with Ouma following his steps cautiously. "We're almost at my house," Saihara sighed. "Your house?" Ouma raised an eyebrow, studying Saihara's face. "I don't have a bad intention. I just want to get you warm and cleaned up." Saihara said calmly, he seemed to be telling the complete truth.

Saihara stopped in front of a small apartment complex. "It isn't much since my salary is sorta low at the moment," He'd say anxiously rubbing his neck. Ouma grinned, taking this as an opportunity to tease him, "Soon enough you're going to be in the same position I'm in!" Saihara glanced anxiously at him, opening his mouth to speak. "Do you not have a home?"

Kokichi widened his eyes a bit, not expecting the sudden question. "Well- Hah! I used to! Until I got..kicked out or whatever," He'd cross his arms, muttering the final words. "Kicked out?... Why?" Saihara would ask, seeming curious. Ouma seemed offended by how Saihara asked about his personal life so casually, "Doesn't matter!" He hissed in response.