four

Fawad hated Saad Saeed and his guts. The feeling was very much mutual in between them. The fact that Saad was Mayra's best friend and he gets to spend most of his time with her alone didn't go well with Fawad.

He was an extremely possessive guy and can tolerate anything but not his wife laughing at some other man's jokes.

Seeing Mayra walk in the hallway along with Saad made him burn with rage. And the look which Saad was giving to her, he knows that so well. He might be misinterpreting things. But that doesn't change the fact that he disliked that guy with a passion. Fawad clenched his fist in fury when Saad and Mayra walked past him.

Ahad smirked evilly as he watched his so-called best friend burn in jealousy. He walked along with Fawad disinterestedly. But frowned as he watched him leave somewhere.

Fawad left the hallway and followed Mayra from behind. He made faces as he listened to Saad's pathetic jokes. He wondered why was Mayra even laughing at his stupid excuse of jokes.

The rumor that Fawad and Mayra were a thing was still the hot topic. People were whispering and gossiping as they watched Fawad walk behind Mayra with an annoyed expression.

Now it was confirmed to everyone that there was something going on between them. But not many were happy with this information because few girls really wanted to date the handsome Fawad Hussein. But luck wasn't in their favor.

Likewise, the first two periods went on with Mayra listening to every classes attentively and Fawad paying his least attention. He was always like that, never listened to any classes properly but manages to get good grades every single time.

•••

It was the lunch break and Mayra sat along with her group of friends which included Saad, to have lunch. They were laughing at the jokes cracked by Meena about their English lecturer when Mayra's phone beeped with a text.

Come to the library.

Mayra groaned inwardly as she read his text.

What did he mean by come to library? There was no please or whatsoever. It felt downright. Mayra decided to go anyway, so she made an excuse of going home early surprising everyone.

"Why'd you go so early?" Saad was the first one to ask.

"Well, my cat... she's sick. I gotta go." What even? She groaned mentally for not able to come up with a good lie. But she couldn't take it back now, so she played along.

"You sure?" Saad asked sceptically.

"Yeah. You guys have fun." Mayra giggled as she picked her bags and started walking ahead to the library. That's when she realized that she did not bring her lunch with her. If she lived in her parents' home, her Ammi must have prepared something for her. But now everything has changed.

Lost in her thoughts, she walked to the library gloomily.

Fawad who was waiting for her with their lunch frowned upon seeing her sad.

"Hey. Why the long face?" Fawad asked as Mayra sat beside him.

"Nothing. Why did you call me? I had to lie to my friends because of you." Mayra snapped at him.

"You could have simply told that you're going to spend some time with your husband, what's the big deal?" Fawad jokes earning a glare from her.

"I want to keep this private," Mayra repeated for the nth time. Listing to which Fawad sighed.

"Okay, biwi. Tell me what's wrong? Why are you this sad?" Fawad asked as he opened his lunch box.

"Nothing." she lied again.

"Oh, there's something. Come on, tell me now." knowing that Fawad wasn't letting this go, Mayra stopped him with a wave of her hand.

"I miss my home and my cat so much," she admitted loudly, making him frown at her.

"You could have said this before only na. If you miss them so much, then we can go and stay over there for a week?" Fawad suggested making her eyes lit up in happiness and excitement.

"Really?" the look on her hazel brown eyes made his heart jump in joy. And he can do anything for seeing that precious look on her face.

"Yes, really. But there's a condition." Fawad smirked as he took out his spoon.

"What kind of condition?" Mayra asked as she frowned at him.

"That you will now eat the lunch fed by my hands," Fawad smirked mischievously as he eyed her face turning red in shyness.

"You knew that I did not bring lunch?" Mayra asked in a surprised tone.

"Of course, biwi. What kind of husband will I be if I don't know this much about my wife?" Fawad asked in quite an offended tone as he took a spoonful of fried rice and brings it to her mouth. She opens it a little reluctantly but the moment she tasted it; her eyes widened in surprise.

"You cook so well. Masha Allah! " Mayra was praising him for the first time and that made him blush furiously.

"Th-thank you," he replied shyly making her laugh at him which he ignored and feeds her another spoon. She ate in silence whilst staring at his face.

This was such a sweet gesture and that made her wonder if he really was arrogant and cocky.

"Feed me too," he demanded like a child making her giggle and she took the spoon from him without any hesitation and fed him.

They did not realize that someone else was also present in the library and was watching them keenly.

"Accha Fawad, I told my friends that I'm going home. So, let's bunk the college." Mayra suggested casually making Fawad gape at her.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Mayra?" he asked dramatically making Mayra roll her eyes.

"Stop being a drama queen. I miss my home and you said that if I let you feed me, then you'd let me stay at my parent's house for a week." Mayra replied excitedly.

"I do agree but you did not hear properly, I guess. I said to you that, we can go there and stay over there for a week. We mean; you and I." Fawad replied with a smirk making her feel stupid.

"Oh. Great. You can also come. I don't mind." Mayra shrugged nonchalantly.

"How did you think that I'd leave you alone for a week, biwi? I cannot live without you for a day, let alone a week." Fawad replied with a cheeky smile making her roll her eyes.

But his cheesiness and actions were surely melting her heart.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Come on let's get out of here. I'm bored." Mayra said as she packed both their stuff. All the while she had this ridiculous smile on her face for no particular reason.

Fawad Hussein was making his space in her heart and Mayra had no idea of it.