five

The Khan Villa was two hours away from Fawad's flat, his parents' house too was just a street away. That's how the Khans' and the Husseins' knew each other and ended up together as a family by getting their kids hitched. Looking at the excited face of Mayra, Fawad too was getting excited. When Mayra is happy, Fawad too was automatically happy.

"Oh my God, we're almost there," Mayra exclaimed in excitement seeing which Fawad grinned.

As soon as he parked his car in front of the Khan Villa, Mayra almost jumped out and rushed into her house making him shake his head in disbelief. He locked the car with a chuckle and walked into the house slowly only to be engulfed by his brother, who took him off guard.

"Usman? What are you doing here?" asked a clueless Fawad as he ruffled his fifteen-year-old brother's hair, who hugged him affectionately.

"Walaikum assalam to you too, bhai. I came here to pass this chicken curry to bhabhi's family which Ammi asked me to and in return, they gave this mutton kebab box, now move away. I need to go and taste this plus Ammi would be happy to know about your surprise visit." Usman muttered in a hurry and began to run to the next street.

Fawad smiled at his little brother, Usman was typical like always. But he loved him just the same. Smiling to himself he got into the Villa only to witness the mother and daughter talking with each other emotionally, whilst the cat of Mayra was trying hard to get her attention.

Mayra almost forgot about the cat in the excitement of seeing her mother. Fawad smiled as he picked her cat, Snow White.

"Assalamualaikum, Ammi." Fawad made his presence known as he greeted her mother, who insisted on calling him ammi the last time they met.

"Walaikum Assalam, Fawad beta. Why are you standing there? Come and sit here." her mother, Aisha immediately left her daughter and now her whole concentration is on her son in law. He smiled nodding his head and took his seat on the couch in the living room.

"I'm so happy that you guys planned to visit." Aisha chirped happily as Fawad petted Snow White gently, who was enjoying his touches very much.

"My wife here was missing her family and I couldn't see her sad, so we decided to come and stay here for a week," Fawad said as he eyed Mayra who sat across him with a shy smile on her face.

"Do you like to have anything? Chai ya coffee?" Aisha asked again, which Fawad politely denied by saying he doesn't drink anything related to milk.

An hour passed by with Aisha talking to both of them, mostly to Fawad and Mayra felt ignored. She rolled her eyes and listened to her mother and Fawad catch up with the random things.

"As much as I'm happy that you guys visited us, you should have visited your parents' house first Fawad beta, your Ammi was missing you too." Aisha smiled nervously as she eyed her daughter.

"Oh, right. Shall we go and visit them, Mayra?" Fawad asked her as he keeps Snow White down on the floor. Who meowed at him and walked away.

"Of course." Mayra smiled and they both got up to leave.

All the while Mayra was smiling ridiculously like a crazy girl. She really wondered if her judgement about this guy was right or not. He wasn't the arrogant or cocky guy she has assumed him to be anymore.

He was now a mystery to her.

•••

The Hussein villa was just as big as the khan Villa except that it has a more ancient touch to it. Mayra visited this place so many times but every time she visits it again, the interior designs leave her in awe.