The Unexpected Tide

"Tartaglia boy, you'll catch a cold if you stay there," Pulcinella greeted him as he saw Ajax enjoying the cold weather alone. He turned and smiled.

"I'm not that weak, Pulcinella. Beside, I'm wearing coat and scarf," he replied. The old man let a laugh and pat his hand.

"Young boy, you are pregnant. Mostly pregnant omegas are sensitive with weather and smell. How's your condition?"

"Based on Dottore's examination, I'm in good shape, even thought it's a bit risky for my ribs since I'm pregnant," he said as he patted the tummy. "The baby is healthy too."

"That's the most important then. Let's get in the palace, your complexion is not good now," Pulcinella said. They walked in together and met Pantalone on their way.

"Ah, my asset."

"I wish I could slit your throat for calling me that," Ajax growled. Pantalone smiled, but Ajax didn't see any warmth on his smile.

"Don't be like that, Tartaglia. Remember, I'm the one provide you with scholarship, well under Tsaritsa's order to be precise," he said calmly.

"Stop arguing here," Pulcinella reminded. Ajax lowered his eyes and held a knife behind his coat. Before Pantalone threw another satires, Pierrot came with Capitano with a bunch of documents.

"Here I find you, Pantalone. Ah, Pulcinella and Tartaglia, I didn't see you there," Pierrot greeted. Ajax gave a fake smile for him.

"Ah, another old man. You seem in a bad mood, eh?" Ajax mocked. Pierrot only stared, but smirked.

"Indeed I am. Especially when I saw a bitch carrying his target's kin, what a shame," he replied. Ajax gritted his teeth and threw the knife he held, but Capitano managed to catch it.

"Jester!"

"Be quiet, Pulcinella. I really disappointed to hear this youngest member disgracing himself in the middle of mission. I don't understand why Her Majesty let you alive even though you're only an omega," Pierrot said.

"Oh, so you are saying omegas are useless because they are weak with alpha's pheromones? Very well, I shall show you that mindset is just a bullshit," Ajax replied as he pulled out another knife, but Capitano grabbed his wrist. "Hey!"

"Don't let him stir you up, Tartaglia. You're pregnant, remember that," he said. Before Ajax replied his words, a sharp pain struck him and something wet streamed down from his inner thighs. He looked down to see water mixed blood dripping from his crotch.

"Ah?!"

"Tartaglia! Quick! Bring him inside!" Pulcinella yelled. Capitano already carried him and strode inside the palace, while Pulcinella following behind them. Dottore was about to greeted when his gaze landed on the omega.

"He's in labor? What did you do now?" he asked as he prepared the bed and called the nurses. Capitano laid him.

"Guess we just triggered his stress to the max," he replied. Dottore didn't say anything, yet his hand prepared an injection.

"Tartaglia, breath properly okay? We gonna deliver him now," he said as he injected the drug. "And all of you can leave, he needs privacy."

Ajax panted as the pain paralyzed his body, yet he tried to keep awake. Dottore sterilized himself and Ajax's lower body before putting on his surgery coat.

"I told you to leave, Captain. You're not his alpha," Dottore reminded. He stayed for a while before leaving. Ajax cried.

"It hurts."

"Hang on, Tartaglia. Now control your breath and push when I order it. Ready?"

###

A silent aisle suddenly cracked with a loud cry of a baby. In his arms, Dottore held a crying baby with a tail of dragon, a small horn and scales on his cheeks covered by blood. On the bed lying the omega who just gave birth of the baby. His face was pale and tired, but he smiled when he saw a glimpse of the baby.

"My...child," he called. The nurses carefully cleaned the baby and wrapped him in a finest cotton cloth before handing him to Ajax.

"Such a beauty baby," she said. Ajax gently held him and cried.

"Ah, welcome...to this world...sweetie," he whispered. His hand trembled as he caressed the cheek of the baby which filled by the scales.

"Weight 2.5 kg, height 30 cm. A healthy baby for a premature one. Congratulations, Tartaglia," Dottore said. "Well, this baby dragon is a fine speci... don't stare at me like that, rats. He's the real one, half human and half dragon."

Ajax ignored every word he spew and kissed his small horn on his right head. The baby yawned and fell asleep in his warm hug, while Ajax humming a soft tune as his lullaby. Dottore checked his vital signs and nodded.

"Alright, give me the baby now. You still need rest for an hour before moving you to your room and he needs to stay in incubator for a long time," he demanded. Ajax growled.

"Anyone but you," he said.

"Duh, you're making me in difficult position. Hey, beta! Come and fetch this baby!"

A beta nurse approached and nodded before him, then offered her hands. Ajax sniffed her hands and carefully handed the baby. After she left, Ajax groaned in pain.

"Ah, the anesthesia wears off. I'll increase the dose for you," he said as he prepared the drug and injected into his body. "To give birth normally...wow, I can't believe it. I was prepared to do C-section since you was in brink of death."

"Oh shut up, Dottore," Ajax growled weakly. "...it hurts."

"Well ten stitches are really painful, dummy. I'll be back in an hour," he said as he walked away, leaving Ajax slowly drifted to slumber.

The harbingers were watching at the newborn baby sleeping in incubator with curious mixed joy, especially Pulcinella.

"Oh wow, he is so cute~" Columbina praised.

"He is," Pulcinella replied.

"Hoo, he has Morax's appearance, huh?" Pantalone commented.

"He. Looks. Like a doll," Sandrone said.

"Don't try to turn him into a doll, Sandrone. Tartaglia won't hesitate to break your neck. Although, I want this boy to be in my army soon," Arlecchino reminded. The baby yawned and moved his tiny hands before sleeping again.

"We better not disturbing the baby. He needs a lot of sleep to grow up," Pulcinella said. A loud clacking voice of the heels drew their attention. They turned and bowed as the queen came with Signora behind her.

"Greeting, Your Majesty."

She only nodded and peeked on the sleeping baby.

"...he's a carbon copy of Morax," she said.

'The father of the baby is Morax, right?' they thought. Tsaritsa carried him carefully and kissed his cheek.

"I'll give you my blessing, baby. You are the part of Fatui. I wish your future will be bright as the stars. I wonder what name is suitable for a cute baby like you, even though I can't complain about your exact appearance of Morax."

The baby slowly opened his eyes and surprised everyone there. A pair of ocean blue eyes with a hint of amber and diamond irises looked like a rare diamond. She smiled.

"Ah, his eyes are pretty like his mother," Tsaritsa praised. The baby smiled and tried to reach, but he fell asleep again. The queen laid him again inside the incubator and turned to Signora.

"When I can meet Tartaglia?"

"In an hour, Your Highness," Signora said. Tsaritsa nodded and walked away, followed by Signora.