CH12

Minho showed up in less than thirty minutes and didn't even bother to knock.

"You should really lock your door" he told me as he jokingly smiled at me.

"You should really learn to knock" I told him back and he raised his eyebrow at me.

He walked over to the kitchen and sat down on one of the stools. He saw the tarts and helped himself to one.

He was eating it and after the first bite I saw a sparkle in his eye.

"Is it good?" I asked him knowing that the cream cheese and powdered sugar filling was delectable.

"It's delicious" he said while licking his lips to get rid of the filling left on his mouth. I caught myself staring at his lips before I shook myself out of it.

What the heck Rose get it together you hate this guy.

"So" he started, wiping his hands on his pants to get the crumbs off, "Detective White, you said his name was?"

I nodded my head and sat in the stool beside him and helped myself to one of the tarts.

"How could you believe that was a real police officer?! What did you tell him?" He asked me irritated.

"I didn't tell him anything. I lied to him and said I didn't know who you were and then he said that I 'initiated contact' so I told him a story about what we talked about that's it" I told him eating my tart.

"And what might that story be?" He asked me a little amused. "Just on the off chance that someone like detective white calls me and wants to tell them the same story, I don't want to give him a different story. Then we'd both look suspicious"

"Well, it's kind of embarrassing. It was a man so I figured he would be weirded out and stop asking questions if I told him a story about feelings" I said shrugging not wanting to go on and tell him the real story that I said.

"Come on Rose. I know that's not the whole story" Minho said smirking at me.

I got lost looking at the sparkle in his eye and once again had to shake myself out of my daze.

"No! Minho it's embarrassing" I told him getting red in the face.

"It couldn't be that bad if you told some random person over the phone something about your feelings and they must of had something to do with me" he said going to grab another tart.

"I told him that I saw you around and that I wanted your number but you rejected me" I told him not wanting to look at him because of how embarrassing it was.

"Aww Rose" he said reaching over to me and trying to grab my hand. "I got your number first and I didn't even have to ask you"

I swatted his hand away because I was embarrassed over the whole situation.

"It was the first thing that came to mind okay? It was the one thing I could think of that would maybe have him leave me alone. Plus he called me and knew my name and I was freaked out. Minho I don't get called by the police! I'm not cut out for all this so you need to leave me alone." I told him getting a little upset and overthinking the whole situation.

"Rose, it's not like you stole the jewels. I did. I broke into the shop. I was the one who held the clerk at gunpoint, not you. I don't know why you're freaking out" he said to me getting frustrated at my behavior.

"Are you getting mad at me?" I asked him a little shocked at his change of behavior.

"No, I'm not mad. I'm confused" he said

"You think you're confused?!" I asked him throwing my hands up. "I'm confused. What the heck is going on? Why are these creepy people trying to get my attention all of a sudden. None of this was happening to me until you screwed up and showed up at Felix's house. Jimin came to threaten my best friends life because of you and a mistake you made. I was stuck with Taehyung at a park alone for hours and then he wouldn't let me leave. I was terrified" I said tears building up in my eyes because of the overload of emotions.

"Rose! What do you want me to say? What do you want me to do? I got you away from Taehyung when I could. I didn't know he was going to be there. They usually don't step so close to this area. How was I supposed to know that all of this was going to blow up in my face and they were going to target you of all people!" Minho said getting just as frustrated.

"What do you mean by 'targeting me'" I asked him livid at the fact that now I know people are after me.

"I wish I knew! I have idea's but I don't want them to be true and I know for a fact that the less you know the safer you're going to be" Minho said his voice dying down and a tone of care coming to the surface.

"If it's keeping me in danger shouldn't I know at least a little bit of the situation" I asked him trying to calm myself down.

"No" Minho said glaring at me with a glare I haven't seen from him since before we were at the beach.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Have you always been this stubborn?" I asked him starting to get heated again.

"Yes, Rose, I have" he said with a large amount of sass in his voice.

"You haven't been recently" I told him quietly while rubbing my arms. "You've been different around me occasionally." I said looking up to his face.

We made eye contact for a second and it was intense. I could see fear in his eyes but also a little bit of regret. He looked away from me and I could see him gulp and lick his lips before the next sentence came out of his mouth.

"I hurt people, Rose" Minho said to me. "It's what I do."

I looked at him tears forming in my eyes. He tried to step closer to me but I backed away before he could.

"I admit, I'm not a saint. I've stolen, trespassed, threatened at knife and gun point, I've rigged explosives. People have most likely died because of my antics but I haven't murdered someone. I'm not like some of the others." He continued to speak to me, not making eye contact but playing with his fingers.

"You need to leave" I told him and pushed him towards the door. He tried to speak again but I cut him off.

"No. You need to leave right now. I'm tired of all of this. I need time to think and figure things out" I said to him and slammed the door close.

After I shut the door I let out a frustrated scream and sank to the floor letting my tears fall. I put myself back together and pulled out my phone finding Felix in my contacts. I called him and asked him to come over. Maybe Felix would be able to help me forget everything that's been going on between Minho and I.

Personally, after seeing him so kind and gentle to the little kittens in the cat cafe and the way he's been kinder towards me, I couldn't help but just admire how sweet he could be. The way that he protects his friends and would literally do anything it takes for them to not get hurt was inspiring and spoke volumes to his character. On the other hand he was violent and rude and insulting and demanding. But was he really that bad? Was I trying to find something in him that wasn't really there or was there something there already that he was just afraid to show to the rest of the world?

I went and washed my face letting the cold water reduce the puffiness of my tear stained face. I put in some eye drops to lessen the redness and got changed into some sweatpants and a comfy tee-shirt.

A knock was heard on my door and I figured it was Felix but these days I felt like I had to be more cautious than usual. I looked in the peep hole and it was the little ball of sunshine.

"Felix!" I shouted to the boy wrapping my arms around him in a giant hug.

"You sounded like you were crying on the phone so I brought ingredients for Brownies" he said raising his arms that carried the bags he'd brought to help lighten the mood, a beaming smile on his face.