Chapter Six

Elijah's grip on me tightened, and soon after, an unexpected wind began to build at my feet. I looked at the others still in the library, the shadow that separated their undisturbed lives from my own fading while the wind encircled the two of us, rising and twirling beyond my legs and waist until it reached above my hair, causing it to fling into my face. Building in momentum, the wind seemed to spin me at my core, my vision becoming nothing more than a blend of colors and the contents of my stomach threatened to escape. The sensation happened so abruptly, I hadn't even realized it was over— my own head still spinning— until he began to speak.

"I am sorry. The feeling is quite overwhelming for those who never travel by wind. It will comfort you to know that over time and with each use, it will prove to be less difficult . I myself haven't fully adjusted, so I can speak from experience to your hardship."

Thankful his hand still remained on my bicep, I drew in slow deep breaths through my nose, releasing it gradually, to gain my bearings then opened my eyes. Directly before me was my home, though I could hardly believe it.

"Princess Addisyn, I am unaccustomed to this land. Tell me, is one of these places where you call home?"

I turned to face him as he stared in wonder at every house and car down the block, studying them like he'd never seen such things in all his days. Wherever he'd come from, or whenever, I had a feeling Elijah had endured quite the long journey.

"Yes, the one right in front of us is my home." I answered, gripping my unsettled stomach.

"I see. Then let us go inside. Please, lead the way." He hadn't let go of my arm, waiting for me to show him I could walk steadily, and I was much obliged by the gesture, but as soon as my steps proved stable, Elijah let go, following me toward the door.

As we stepped inside the house, Elijah looked around in amazement, his hand gripped tightly around the handle of his sword as he walked. Standing in the middle of the living room floor, he stared at the television's black screen, his large frame leaning forward narrowing his gaze. "What is this? Some sort of magical mirror?"

I snorted, plopping onto the couch, desperately needing to sit. "It's called a 'television. "It's like watching someone perform a play, but in that box."

He nodded, but I could tell he hadn't fully understood. "Here, I'll show you," I reached over for the remote sitting on the arm rest, and turned the TV on. His eyes opened a little wider as a commercial for laundry detergent now played on the screen.

"Fascinating." He grinned. "Though I admit there is a pressing matter I would like to attend to. If you'll let me, I would like to place fury light inside this home. It is a shield against foes who would seek to harm you. Kane's Marked Six have been roaming your world for many years, waiting for the prophecy to be filled, but this light will shield us if they try to enter."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever that is." I groaned, rubbing my forehead. I could feel a headache coming on and knew it was the result of too much bewildering information all at once and I hadn't even gotten to the answers yet.

Elijah pulled out his sword once again, holding it at arm's length. His voice was softer than a whisper, not even loud enough for me to make out. But it was the tone that surprised me the most; echoing throughout the room, circling me for a moment before continuing its path until every corner had been touched by the words.

My eyes were fixed on the blade, glowing so bright the color reflected in the cieling above. After the whispers finally settled, the sword finally dimmed, leaving a sparkle of stars on the walls for a moment before completely fading.