𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 (𝙸𝙸)

==𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 (𝙸𝙸)==

Y/N sits at her kitchen table, sitting on her chair crossed-legged while she has a bowl of cereal in front of her and a glass of apple juice. However her eyes are focused on the textbook next to her, her eyes scanning across the text.

"You still studying?" Marcus says, grabbing his cup of coffee from the maker and sitting opposite Y/N. "I'm sure you'll do great on the test sunflower."

"I know, just bored."

"You're bored so your studying?" Y/N nods, her eyes not leaving the textbook. "You are a weird teen." He takes a sip of his coffee.

"You raised me, dude."

"And I'd never do anything different." He puts down his mug and looks at his watch, seeing the time. "I should be heading off now, working late."

"Again?" Y/N questions, frowning. Marcus nods.

"Sadly so Sunny, but I still wanna know how well you did on your test when I get back, yeah?" Marcus stands up, placing his coffee mug in the sink before turning back around and walking up to Y/N, wrapping one arm around her shoulders and kissing her forehead. "Also if you do go out and about, please be safe." He gives Y/N a knowing look and she nods. "Good, now I'll see you later kid."

She watches as Marcus grabs his keys from the bowl beside the door and walks out the door, giving the girl one last wave and a smile before closing the door. Y/N sighs, turning her eyes back to her textbook. She sits in silence for what feels like hours until it's broken by the sound of the house phone ringing. She stands up and walks over to the phone, picking it up.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, it's Joyce."

"Oh good morning Joyce, is everything okay?"

"Uhm I'm just wondering if Will had spent the night as yours?" Y/N's face drops, shaking her head even though Joyce can't see it.

"I'm sorry but no, he didn't. The last time I saw him was when he biked past Dustin's and was heading home. Is he not home yet?"

"I -- I was working late last night. I'm sure he just left early for school. Thanks, Y/N." Joyce hangs up. Y/N puts the phone back, standing and staring at the floor in worry.

"Probably at school, yeah. I'll check up on the boys later." She mutters to herself.

She heads back up her stairs and gets ready for school, changing into jeans, sneakers and a long sleeve turtleneck. Along with a bag that the strap hangs off one shoulder. She comes back downstairs and walks out of the house, grabbing her car keys on the way out before jumping into her car and turning the music on. 'Spellbound' blasting through the car's speakers. She bobs her head to the music and pulls out of her driveway, her hair flowing back in the wind as her window is open, her hand resting on the top of the window, tapping to the music as she drives down the streets.

=

She drives up the road to take her to the Hawkins high school parking, and she parks her car. She turns off the music and her car before grabbing her bag and getting out. She begins walking through the parking lot until she is grabbed from behind and lifted. Laughter fills her ears.