04 Fake Friends and Night Strolls

Alora

I had a general class and this time it was English students and law students taking the general course. We were all cramped in the same hall and like most expensive universites around the country,we weren't cramped asin a thousand students kind of cramp like in some government owned universities.

We all had our individual seats,the hall very spacious, fully air conditioned.

Ella was sitting two seats away from me and I could see how hard the boy at her side was trying to get on her good books, cracking jokes that Ella only smiled quietly at and it was amusing how Dele was easily one of the finest boys in his class was trying so hard to get her attention. Low key I was proud of my friend, I mean why not?

Some one coughed beside me and I looked at her.

The girl was round, like really fat and her over size yellow gown didn't do much to conceal it. She had brown skin,rather flat nose and then a scarf around her head,she reminded me of Penolope from Bridgeton only fatter this time.

"Hi I'm Fatima, I want to say I'm a big fan of yours and I love everything about you,your color and everything is amazing and I wish I could get your number" I noticed the iPhone 12 she was fiddling with, well it was a normal sight to see very expensive phones with students.

I gave her a once over.

"Have anyone told you, your name goes perfectly with your looks? "

She raised a brow.

"I mean Fatima and then you are fat. Honestly I don't have strength for this. Fuck off" I told her coldly and dismissively

I faced my phone but she was still standing there, didn't she hear me?

"I said you should fuck off!"

Tears formed in her eyes and then she ran off since I have managed to gain attention to myself.

Ella made her way out of her seat ,she stopped right in front of me and after giving me a hard cold look without as much as uttering a word, she stomped off probably to look for the girl.

What did I even do?

All Ella was good at was picking other people over me.

I didn't know when Ella returned to class but when I did see her, I saw her with Fatima seating at the very end of the class and I found myself getting very much angry at the stupid girl.

When classes ended I found myself heading to my car but seemed Ella was already waiting for me there.

Only Ella could make long skirts look very cool with the white packet shirt she tucked in. Her black sandals matching her looks. She had a frown marring her features.

"You know you didn't have to speak to that girl like that? I mean she's 19 just like you, what's the disrespect for? " Ella asked and I rolled my eyes and threw my bag into my car and then faced her.

"What if I didn't want to talk to her at that moment?Do you ever think about me before being judgemental?"

Ella chuckled bitterly. Thankfully it was just myself and her at this side of the parking lot.

"So you want to play the judgemental card right now?" She paused "Nothing justifies your actions! You body shamed her, are you crazy?! "

Ella actually raised her voice at me, her eyes blazing with so much emotions at the same time.

"Oh well go ahead and yell at me" I threw my hands in the air " Go on, miss perfect girl, I didn't even say anything wrong, isn't she fat?"

"And you think she doesn't know? Do you have to throw it to her face? Do you know the effects your words might have on her? Do you know the secret battles she's fighting, do you?"