Chapter 18 - Inevitable Truth

Brenna Blackwater

Does he feel the same for me? Was it possible that I could be mistaking his kindness for something more? Crazed thoughts rushed through my head as I pressed my lips to his. His large frame flinched beside me in surprise, but then he leaned into me and did what I thought would never happen. An orc and a princess can't be together. Yet he kissed me back with the same hunger. I felt as though I was committing a crime.

The sensation of his facial hair tickled my skin as his tusks pressed into my cheeks. A rough hand slid down the arc of my back to my thigh and under my chemise. He traced his fingers up the curve of my body, then squeezed my hip as he kept kissing me. Gods, his touch was intoxicating. My heart pounded in my ears. What was I doing? Jasper pulled my leg around his waist and caressed the part of my thigh beneath my ass.

I felt the sensation again. Pressure began to build in my stomach. The notion of sex caused fear to creep up my spine. I was not ready. I was not well versed in what would occur. All I knew was that it was to create babies, and most women who have said anything about it referred to it as a painful duty to their husbands. I felt myself tense up at the thought. At that moment, he reluctantly pulled his lips from mine. "Should I stop?" I could hear him exhale in the dark.

I was glad he could not see my face because I probably resembled a beat. "I am just nervous. I do not want to go too far," I admitted.

Jasper understood what I meant. He held me tighter to his body. I could feel a hard bulge pressed against my pelvis. He kissed me once more, more gently than he had before. He hesitated to pull his lips away before resting his forehead against mine and whispered, "Good night, my little warrior." Jasper held me close, and soon, his body relaxed. After a while, his breathing deepened. He had fallen asleep, and I was not far behind him. I nuzzled my face under his chin and finally fell asleep, safe in his arms.

***

Chief Bloodborne

The warm morning light peeked through the windows and warmed my skin. My bed-chamber was one of the few on the Northern side of the castle that overlooked the waterfall. Only a few living quarters exist on the outer wall to have windows. I specifically asked for this room when I became chief because I enjoyed the fresh air and the view of our lands.

I slowly started to recall my dreams. Gods, it was the best dream, feeling her body against mine, tasting her sweet lips. I couldn't deny it to myself. I had grown to have feelings for this human princess. There were many times when I wanted to capture her sweet lips in mine during our time by the falls, but I knew she could never feel the same for me.

I felt something move beside me, causing me to jolt fully awake. I froze, realizing Brenna was in my bed. It was not a dream; she was snuggled against me, breathing softly. One of her hands was against my bare chest, and the other, around my neck, entangled in my hair. Her beautiful, silky legs entrapped my waist. I rubbed my eyes to reassure myself. I thought I had imagined all that had happened yesterday.

As much as I wanted to lay here forever, I untangled myself from her carefully. I did not want to wake her up because she looked so peaceful. I suddenly felt regretful. I still needed to explain everything to her. There had not been a good time to do it. I wanted to tell her from the start, but the more time I spent with her, the more I cared about what she thought of me. Would she hate me for waging war on her people? Why this one? Of all the women I could have, why did I love her- the daughter of an adversary?

Chances were that she did not feel the same for me. I was afraid that her reason for kissing me last night was to comfort herself, not because she had feelings for me. A princess in love with an orc? I scoffed at the thought. I started to walk away to find some clothes until I heard her yawn. I turned to see her sit up in the bed. I waited to see if she would say anything. She pulled the blankets around herself and smiled. "Good morning," she hummed.