Chapter 49: Road of Healing

The following morning, when Zane gets up, he goes out into the main room of the inn. There he orders and eats breakfast. While he is doing this, he notices that a number of people are pointing in his direction. Whenever he looks towards them though they quickly look away. This is a little odd to Zane, but he does not think much about it.

Once he has finished his meal, Zane then heads to the Adventurer's Guild in Solomon Town. When he gets there, he is immediately waved over to the front counter by the woman that works behind it.

Zane heads over to the counter and asks, "Is there something that I can help you with?"

"You are the Bringer of Miracles, aren't you?" the woman asks.

"That is right," Zane replies. He then asks, "Is there a special request for me, or something?"

"Actually, there are quite a few requests for you. In total I have thirteen different requests from people for your healing services."

"Really?" Zane asks louder than he intended. He then replies, "That seems like a lot of requests. Did something happen to cause a lot of people to be hurt?"

The woman replies, "No, it is nothing like that. It is just that there is a shortage of doctors in the Kingdom right now. Many of these requests come from patients whose doctors were tragically killed about a month or two ago."

She then continues by saying, "Word about you being able to work miracles has spread throughout the Kingdom, which has led to many people making requests of the Adventurer's Guild to send you there way."

"I guess, I can help," Zane says. He then asks, "So do you have a list of where I need to go for me?"

"Yes, I do. The branch chief knew that you would accept the requests. He has drawn a map with each of the places that you need to stop circled on it. He even has drawn arrows to help show you what order you should do them in to save the most time. He has also arranged for you to get the pay for all of these jobs all at once when you reach Ur."

At this point, the woman hands Zane a map. He sees that there are a number of circles on the map. In fact, there is a path of circles and arrows that leads all the way from Solomon Town to Ur. Seeing this is rather shocking to Zane. He sees there really are thirteen different locations. He had assumed that was an over exaggeration on the woman's part.

While Zane is looking at this map, the woman says, "Now then, the first of your clients is actually a woman that is here in Solomon right now. I will take you to her."

The woman then walks out from behind the counter and starts to leave the guildhall. Zane follows after her to a small house on the edge of the town. When they get there, Zane is shown into the house. Inside he finds that there is basically nothing aside from a woman lying on the floor and a bucket.

At this point, the guildhall clerk states, "Well this is the woman. She lost everything when the lightning monster attacked the town a while back. While she managed to avoid getting seriously hurt, she has been living off of basically nothing. Now she is sick. Please take care of her."

"Alright," Zane replies. He then walks over to the woman that is under the blanket while the clerk leaves the room. Zane sees that this woman is only a few years older than him. This is a little surprising to Zane, as he was expecting her to be an old lady. This is far from the case.

Before he does anything Zane says, "I am going to check to see what is wrong now." Zane begins to check to see what is wrong with the woman. She does not say a word to him while he is doing this despite being awake. This is a little unsettling to Zane, but he does not say anything to the woman about it.