Chapter 73: To the Sunken Ruins

Having decided that it is time for them to leave, Hajime stands up. He then says to Remia, "Thank you for allowing us to stay here for the past few days."

"After you saved my daughter it is the least that I could do," Remia states.

Myu then says, "Are you leaving now Papa?"

"That is right. I have to go and do something really dangerous now, like when I left for the volcano," Hajime states.

"Are you going to come back when you are done?" Myu asks.

Shea answers for him by saying, "Of course we will. However, just for a visit."

"No, Papa is Papa so he needs to live here with Momma and me," Myu declares.

Hajime then says, "Myu, I have told you before how I am not from this world remember. I have a mom and dad back in my world that are waiting for me. I have to travel to some really dangerous places so that I can get back to see them. That is why I need you to stay here, while I am trying to get home. Once I have, then I will take you and your mom to my world if you want."

"Really?" Myu asks.

"Yes, I promise," Hajime states.

Myu says, "Alright. I will see you soon then Papa."

Remia then says, "We will at least see you off."

"I guess that is fine, "Hajime states.

At this point, Hajime and the rest of the group leaves the house. They make it outside only to be stopped by a small group of soldiers. One of them walks up to Hajime and says, "It is my understanding that you are harboring a pactmaster. Hand him or her over immediately to be put to death."

Hajime states, "I have no idea what you are talking about. Now move out of the way. I have places to be."

"We cannot let you leave here with a pactmaster. All pactmasters have to be put to death by law," the soldier states.

At this point Shizuku walks up to the man and says, "Excuse me, but we are on important business that the pope personally asked us to take care of. I assure you that there is no pactmaster with us." She then says, "Now then, I trust that you do not want to get in the way of a mission the Holy Church asked us to do, now do you?"

The soldier seems hesitant after hearing this. He however does not back down. Instead he says, "I was not aware that the church had any operatives working in this area."

"It is supposed to be a secret mission," Kaori states.

"A secret mission. I guess that is possible. However, there are also reports that there is a pactmaster traveling with you. This is not something that I can take lightly," the soldier says.

Zane then asks, "Who exactly told you that a pactmaster was traveling with us?"

"One of the citizens said they overheard you all discussing how one of you was a pactmaster," the soldier states.

Zane quickly says, "I see. They must have misheard us. I apologize for the confusion. However, I can assure you that none of us are pactmasters."

"Even if that is true. I need to at the very least check the status of each of you just to confirm," the soldier states.

At this point Hajime says in a threatening voice, "We don't have time for you to waste doing that. Move out of my way now, or I will make you move."

One of the other soldiers states, "We are just trying to do our job."

"I don't care. Now move," Hajime declares as he pulls out one of his guns and points it at the commanding officer.

This manages to get the soldiers to move out of the way. Once they have moved, the group is able to make it past them. They then head to the docks where Zane, Kaori, and Shizuku originally arrived at the town of Erisen. Upon getting there, Hajime summons a large submarine. The group all climbs into this vehicle to make their way to the Sunken Ruins.