verse three

Did you dress up for Halloween?

I spilt beer on your friend, I'm not sorryA golf swing and a trampolineMaybe we'll do this again

I saw her wave as the bus driver started the engine and she slowly became smaller and smaller. I didn't leave the window until we turned around a corner and I couldn't possibly see her anymore. 

"Mate, what's up with her?", I heard Calum ask quietly beside me. 

"I don't know Cal, I really don't. I just never want to stop talking to her, I want to spend time with her, I just feel like we're connected on a whole other level. And it feels fucking good. It feels better than anything I've done since I've written superbloom. It's weird, so so weird." 

"What are you gonna do? We won't be back here for a long while.", Calum pointed out, and I knew he was right, but I wouldn't give up on whatever this was. 

"I'm gonna text and call her and we'll see what happens. I know she's a fan, I know she still has her stan twitter account but I don't care, you know? I really don't care about all of that, because when we talked, we just clicked and it all made sense." 

"Be careful. Long distance is a bitch, and I know you know that." 

"It's gonna be rough I know.", I said just when Ryan walked towards us. 

"You talking about Jess? That girl is amazing. Her pictures are truly incredible, especially for a first-time shooting!" 

"She sent you pictures? She said she hasn't even looked through all of them.", I asked, wondering how she managed to do it this quickly after leaving. 

"Yeah just a few. She really has a good eye for shooting you. Might wanna keep that in mind for the next tour and let her shadow me or even assist.", he said, going back to get his computer, while I shot Calum a look, which he dismissed quickly. Ryan opened his computer and clicked through the pictures Jess had sent him. They were mostly of me and I knew it wasn't a coincidence but I was glad anyway. The shots were incredible and just as Ryan mentioned I wanted to hire her just to take pictures of me during shows. 

"Mate if we show these to the fans, you might see her again quicker than you thought. They're gonna demand more." 

"I can't just pull her out of her life and ask her to be my personal photographer. That's a little overboard don't you think?", I replied, even though my heart said the exact opposite. I wanted to pull her out of her life, right into mine and never have her leave. I wanted her to be my personal photographer, I wanted her to capture my energy on stage, and only mine. But I knew it was unrealistic, at least right now. 

"What about this: we finish this tour leg, you talk to her about it, and she joins us for the Australian dates? She'll have some time to prepare, it's only a couple of shows, so if it doesn't work out it won't be too long.", Ryan suggested, and it sounded like music to my ears. 

"Great idea.", I said calmly, trying to hide the excitement bubbling inside of me. I had to get this all under control, and quickly. Calum noticed it anyway, I was sure of that. We just knew each other too well, he could always tell when I was hiding something.

I took out my phone and opened the chat with Jess.

Hey! Hope you got home alright! Ryan showed me some pictures. You did amazing, I love all of them! You were quick with the editing, I didn't expect pictures for another day or two. xx Ash