y así pasa una semana

It's been a week since my heart nearly exploded at the library. However, since then, it was the last time we came close to being intimate. I mean I suppose that isn't weird but I'm not going to lie and say I didn't like what happened and I wouldn't mind it happening again. Francis and I still spend an equal amount of time together, however, I just want to be closer. I shouldn't be feeling this way but I want his arms wrapped around me like before.

He has been distant quite a little. Maybe it's my turn to get his attention. Wait! What if he doesn't even see me that way? I mean...... how do I see him?

On this particular morning, I spent it outside in the garden. My plants needed some tending to and I think the strawberries were ready to be picked. I was super excited since I've been trying to grow strawberries for the past two years. Maybe I can make a cake with them.

I smiled at the thought and I continued to work hard in the garden. One thing that has not changed has been Francis watching me from the window of his room. I don't find it weird, I just think he is interested in it but never asks to see it up close.

He was there again, he had his hair up in a bun and watched me as he held his English dictionary in hand. Every day he looks at it, and I try my best to do the same with learning French. I am just wrapped up in everything around me sometimes.

I pretend that I never see him at all; I am sure he would feel embarrassed if I did notice him watching. Plus, he looked so cute doing it! Every time I accidentally hurt myself he would stand up quickly to see if I was okay. It was really cute honestly.

I picked a bunch of strawberries and placed them into a basket to bring inside. I could see from the corner of my eye that Francis quickly left his spot, which I'm assuming was to come down. 

I walked inside the house, and soon enough, I saw him sitting at the table acting like he didn't just run down really fast. "What are those?" He asked as I took my shoes off. I took my hat off and my gardening gloves as well. "Strawberries, want to try some?" I asked with a smile.

I walked over to the sink, washed them carefully, and went through them to see which were bad and which were good.

Francis stood beside me, and he had this massive smile on his face staring at me. "You have a whole bunch of dirt on your face," he giggled. My eyes widened, and I tried to wipe it off, but his laughs made me realize I wasn't close at all. "Here, let me help," he smiled.

Francis removed a handkerchief from his back pocket and gently wiped my face. "I didn't know people still carried those," I laughed. "Well, I think it's a nice touch," he smiled. He placed a hand on my cheek and continued to wipe my face from the dirt. "There we go, all clean," he said softly.

He placed two fingers near my chin and flashed the sweetest smile. I knew that if he kept doing that, I might fall in love or something. I grabbed one of the strawberries from the sink and placed it closer to his mouth. "Say ahhhhhh" I said, pointing it to him.

"Ahhhhh," he said with a smile. I began to feed him the strawberry, and I grew so excited. This is the closest we have been since that day, and I wanted this to last forever. "These taste amazing," he said, shocked. "Do you want another?" I asked. He smiled and nodded, and I laughed, picking another up.

He placed his hands on my shoulders, and I gladly began to feed him another strawberry. "Wow, these are good; what do you plan to do with them?" He asked. "I'm thinking of a cake," I answered. "That sounds wonderful!! I'll eat it all," he cheered.

Francis moved his arms and began to reach for a strawberry. "Your turn! Say ahhhh" he chuckled. "Ahhhhh," I said with ease. Francis began to feed me a strawberry, and they were really good. "You are right; these taste good," I spoke.

He put his left hand behind my head and looked me in the eyes. "You are so messy," he laughed. Francis began to wipe some strawberries from the corner of my mouth, and he did something really unexpected.

My face grew shocked, and I felt myself freeze as I saw him eat the piece of strawberry.

Did he really just do that?! "Mmmmmm, delicious," he smiled. I think I almost fainted.... Yup!!! I'm going to faint. My legs were shaking, and I moved away from him. "Now then, if you ever want to find a husband, you will have to refrain from being this way all the time," I said, annoyed. I looked away from him and began to take the strawberries out of the sink.

"Is that so?"
"Yes!"
"Mmmmmmmmm, I'll be more modest then, for you."
"Thank you," I said. I took a peek at him, and he had no regret about it. He looked as if he would do it again without a second thought.

That idiot will cause me so much trouble when it's time for him to leave. He had less than three weeks left. "So, what's the plan for today?" He asked. "Hmmm, I'm not sure; whatever you want, I'm free as usual," I answered. "I think I'll be happy doing anything as long as you are involved," he spoke softly.

Hmmmmm, he really has no shame, huh? How can he just say stuff like this? I'll never know, I guess.