Rapture

Story note: Inspired by and written for Madam Abel. If you haven't checked them out yet, you should!

Content Warnings: Spider monster, coercion, sexual content

"Your hair is as much of a weapon as your body," Old Vaeri instructed carefully as Elyon and Lierin tugged, braided, and plated Ashrynn's long, thick, rose-colored hair. Ashrynn sat still on the cushion as the women tugged and braided his hair, weaving jewels, flowers, and gold bands into the braid. The weight of it, he'd gotten used to during the preparation for this day.

"You must please the Lord," Old Vaeri went on, sitting a few feet in front of Ashrynn on another cushion, her walking stick on her lap. The old elf tugged her shawl tighter over her shoulders, her sharp green eyes as clear as someone centuries younger. "If you do not please him, the tribe will suffer... we must have his favor this year."

This year. Because last year, and for the last six in a row, the tribe failed to please the demon lord that ruled the lands they lived on. Instead, other tribes had won his favor and prospered.

This year, everything rode on Ashrynn's dusky, freckled shoulders.

Once the two women behind him were done with his hair, they lifted the long veil and settled it over his hair piece. They did not secure it in place; the veil was meant to be removed during the dance and used to mesmerize onlookers.

"I know," Ashrynn murmured, dropping his amethyst gaze to his lap. The many-layered rainbow skirt settled around him only gave the illusion of clothing. The sheer silk and chiffon layers, cut up to his hip on one side, would give enough of a show while hiding his groin. Or so he'd been told.

Honestly, he felt the skirt showed too much.

But the skirt revealed less of him than the top. The scrap of fabric used as the top draped across his chest and wrapped around the back. It exposed Ashrynn's shoulders, back, midsection, most of his pectorals, and the long expanse of his throat. The fabric hugged him close and hid little of his chest.

"Finishing touches

"Finishing touches. Stand up," Old Vaeri commanded, motioning with her hand.

Taking a steadying breath, Ashrynn stood from the cushion. Elyon pulled a layered belt with small gold disks dangling from every edge out of the trunk. While she secured it around Ashrynn's waist, Lierin retrieved the gold bangles and anklets. Each accessory jingled and clacked as the two women secured each piece.

"Last but not least...." Old Vaeri circled her face with one hand, and Elyon retrieved a small box from the trunk. She and Lierin crowded close to Ashrynn's face.

"Close your eyes, please," Elyon instructed. As soon as Ashrynn did, the two women began to mark his face. Powders, paints, tiny skin jewels - everything they'd prepared to ensure Ashrynn caught the demon lord's eye.

"Okay," Lierin said; the two women stepped back as Ashrynn opened his eyes for Vaeri's inspection.

The old elf hummed, then held up a finger and twirled it. Ashrynn obeyed, turning on his heel in a slow circle until he jingled back to face her. She hummed in approval and nodded.