01

Running from your problems seems much easier, but eventually your problems catch up to you and you eventually have to deal with them

Running from your problems seems much easier, but eventually your problems catch up to you and you eventually have to deal with them. That's what my father was currently going through.

" Diga a ele se podemos ter mais alguns dias, eu não tenho todo o dinheiro."

( Tell him if we can get an extended date, i don't have the full amount of money  )

My father was currently owing money to the Apollo family. The Apollo family doesn't play when it comes to their money. Neither does our family ( The Domingues ) but we are not as cold blooded as those Italians. They will kill you if there is even 1 dollar missing. They do not care.

"We are screwed." my father said  following with a sigh.

"He is going to kill us all." he said with a worried tone.

I was sure hoping that the Apollos would at least consider giving us at least 3 days, that's all we needed.

" Sorry i brought you into this world, filha ." my father said.

(daughter)

" Don't be sorry, everything will be ok." i tried to reassure him, but i could tell on his face he was stressed. Every one in the room was quiet.

Father broke the silence by hitting his hands on the table. It followed with me jumping up due to the loud noise it made.

As we were waiting for father to say something, my mother walks in. My mother and i never had a strong bond. She had a favorite and it was my younger sister. I never understood why she didn't like me and my older brother as much as my younger sister. I tried everything to make her happy, up until i turned 18. I started minding my own business and getting out of her way as much as i could, I would mostly hang out with my father or my brother. My younger sister is sweet and kind. Too kind to understand this world, our world. My father tried to keep us as far away from his business as much as he could. He trained me but not as much as he trained my older brother, obviously he was going to train his heir more then me. Father tried to give us all a normal life, but "normal" doesn't come with this life style.

"Stop hitting your desk. You will end up breaking your wrists." my mother said.

"Teresa, we got more important things to worry about other then my wrists."

Mother gave him an eye roll before leaving the room.

"Soraiah can you give me a minute?"

'Sure i'll let you be'

I got up and left my fathers office. I know when he asked to be alone he didn't want anyone to bother him. As i shut the door i hear another bang on his desk. I need to get my mind off of this. I start walking into my room.

"Soraiah!"

I hear my name being called and i look back and i see no one. It has to be Luca he always plays these dumb games.

As i was about to turn to head to my room someone grabs me from behind.

"You need to be more alert."

'Luca, are you insane? You scared me.'

"Good, you should be scared. Maybe next time you will be more aware of your surroundings."

I knew he was right. But it doesn't give him a right to scare me.

"We owe people money, not just people. The Apollos. They will do anything to get their money back. So watch out."

'Fine.'

As i was about to walk past him, he grabbed my arm.

" You will also have guards wherever you go from now on. I can't risk anything happening to you Soraiah."

' Are guards really necessary? I'm 21.'

"Yes, they are Soraiah. You will take guards everywhere you go and that's final. Don't let me find out you are going out without guards."

'Fine, can i go to my room now? '

Luca gave me a soft nod and left.

I was starting to worry more and more about the Apollos. I need to distract myself. I grabbed my journal and headed outside to the yard. And started journaling what is going on in  my life. I try to journal every day. I love writing about my day.

There is chapter one! I hope you enjoyed it. It would mean a lot if you added a star to it and commented what you think about the story so far i love reading what you guys think. Stay tuned for the next chapter and thank you for the support :) Stay safe loves!

 Stay tuned for the next chapter and thank you for the support :) Stay safe loves!