Chapter 37

"Check this out. The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well uh killing things, basically."

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? I'd that a grenade? I mean how is any of this legal?"

"Well lucky for us it is, so... this... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone."

"Normally I'd agree but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk."

"Me too."

"I'm more concerned at the fact you've gone there." Mira looked at Eddie.

"My dad isn't exactly the best person."

"Ah I get it. Same."

"Yeah but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked.

"You got some car we don't know about?"

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but uh it'll do."

"Oh so we're stealing now? Great. Just one more thing to add onto my list of crimes." Mira sighed..

"Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandana or something like that?"

And so Max got her Micheal Myers mask from Halloween a while ago.

Which Mira didn't go trick or treating with them and ended up drunk when she went to a party instead

Eddie told them to come on, and they all followed him. He snuck up behind some people and a Rv and opened the window, hopping into it.

Eddie took the mask off.

"That was suffocating."

"Go! Come on."

Eddie locked the door and started hot-wiring the car, grabbing pliers.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?"

"Well when the other dadd were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder and soon grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

"I'm not sure I love the idea of your driving." Robin said.

"Ditto." Mira said.

"Oh I'm just starting this sucker. Harringtons got her. Don't ya big boy?" He smiled and Steve just gave him a what the hell face.

The engine started and the radio played.

"What the hell? Hey! Open this door!"

"Hey!"

"They locked the door!"

"Shit go!" Steve told Eddie and he got in the back.

"It's just a car. Everybody's hang on to something!" 

"Drive Steve drive!"

"Go go go!"

Mira fell against Lucas, quickly apologizing and sitting up, she looked over to see Eddie head banging.

"Hold on hold on!"

Steve took a turn and they were finally out of the trailer park.

——————————————————————-