12.

"look who it is," locke greeted as el walked into her office. "what? i'm here," she smiled and sat down.

"you didn't come home last night. we were worried and had to track your phone," he said as she shrugged.

"a phone call would be nice next time," he said as she nodded. "fine," she pulled out a file, "i stayed over at mikes."

"you've been hanging with him a lot," he stood up, "you've known him for a month. you sure you can trust him?"

"why can't i? he's amazing." el said as locke sat down across from her. "yes but you haven't had experiences with boys. you're falling way too fast,"

"am not!" she shot him a look, "look, he's a great guy. i'm sure it'll be fine and i'm not falling way too fast. as of right now, we're friends."

"friends?"

el looked up to find mike leaning against the doorframe of her office. "that's insulting."

she grinned widely. "hi,"

locke cleared his throat and leaned down to el. "just be careful," he said and turned to give mike a nod before exiting the office.

"i know," el responded and smiled at his worried tone before standing up to greet mike.

"what are you doing here?" she asked and led him to the couch to make them both a little drink.

"what, am i not welcomed?" he teased her, "and what is this about being friends? i am deeply and truly insulted."

she rolled her eyes playfully. "well you didn't say and i didn't know."

"alright then," he exhaled and crossed his arms. "girlfriend, boyfriend?"

"throw in a date, a race that i will win and also.. hmm, what else do i want?" she asked herself and tapped her chin.

"shut up and take the date and race," he pulled her close as she shrieked and landed on his lap.

smiling up at him, she took a minute to take in his gestures before she huffed out. "fine."

he grinned and leaned down and she waited for him to kiss her but he swerved and only pecked the corner of her lips.

"asshole," she mumbled as he smiled gently at her, "princess."

**

"what do you wanna do?" el asked, swinging her and mikes interconnected hands.

"it's your date," he said, "what do you want to do?"

"i don't mind," she shrugged. "we can go to a restaurant? it's pretty late now."

"or do you want to buy takeout and head back to my place?" he asked in a little whisper, making her grin out in delight.

"sure,"

with a grin, he led her to the nearest store for them to pick out some food to buy home.

mike instantly went over to the packets of pasta and el lingered around the sushi area.

el picked up a box, smiling at the food happily before she turned to see the nutrition facts on the back.

her large smile turned into a frown when she saw the amount of calories and with a little sigh, she put down the box of food and walked away to find mike.

"hey, got what you want?" mike asked as she forced a smile and shook her head. "i'm actually not that hungry. have you um, have you got what you want?"

he looked at her with confusion. "yeah.. you sure you don't want anything? you seem really excited for the sushi,"