[2] EmuNene • Burning Sand, Cooling Water.

« Ootori and Kusanagi cool off by going to the beach with Tenma and Kamishiro. »

" Neneee~! Let's go swim already~~! "

Emu grabbed Nene's arm, tugging her towards the cool ocean ahead of them. Her face scrunched into a pout when she realised her girlfriend was refusing to step out from the shade.
Instead, kept playing on her console, making subtle remarks, showing how she didn't want to go in the water, and would rather remain in the comfort under their parasol with her favourite games.

The pink-haired girl pouted as she loosened her hold on the gamer's arm. Her eyes trailing towards the couple that splashed each other violently, the blonde responding with a loud scream and the toothpaste-haired boy chuckled. Emu pouted at the sight, they were having fun AND willing to put down their phones for once! Couldn't Nene do the same?

She looked back at her girlfriend. She tapped away at her gaming console, her eyes squinted as rays of sun bounced on her screen and straining her vision. If only Emu could snatch it away, but she wouldn't dare interrupt Nene when she seemed to have a lot more fun looking at a screen she could barely see..

She groaned in annoyance as her HP bar had drained to zero, brows furrowing. Nene looked up to the pouting Emu, her face dampened with sadness as she clasped her hands together in a pleading manner, little droplets of water forming on the corner of her eyes.

" Nene~channn...~ Pleasee~? "

It took her a minute to take it all in. She couldn't ignore those adorable puppy eyes; Her heart melted. She placed her (still on) console onto the towel she was resting on, reaching out to Emu's pouting face to wipe the small streams of tears that had gone down her face, a soft smile forming on Nene's face as a sign of reassurance.

Her eyes widened when the tears in Emu's face immediately dried, the feeling of a strong grip on her hand leading her towards the shore. Nene closed her eyes as a reaction to the bright light as she was dragged out of the dark shade of the parasol. The burning sensation of the sand beneath her feet was immediately washed over by cooling waves, the excited squeal of the energetic girl in front of her snapped Nene out of her prior shock and made her eyes open wide.

" H-Hey-! Emu wai- "

She was cut off by droplets of water falling onto her face, the cold feeling making her shiver. Emu was splashing around with glee, crawling deeper into the waves. Nene only watched as her body disappeared into the murky, blue water. Her hair was now soaked with salty water.

" E-Emu?! "

The ecstatic girl popped her head out of the waves, a big grin embracing her face as she motioned for Nene to join her. She threw her hands up in the air, sending small orbs of sea waer into the air, before swirling around in the sea, making small splashes here and there, watching the glistening drops fall back down with enthusiasm.