Am I So Hard To Love?

Present:

Bondita was packing her bag, ready to leave the house with her one year old Ira. Chandrachoor was sitting on the couch with an alcohol bottle in his hand and was muttering something. "Bondita, I will not drink anymore and I will support our family by going to work. I will not lie to you dear. Please don't leave me." Bondita was fed up with this false promises and was thus leaving the Chakravarthys permanently. "Maa, are we leaving baba?" "Yes dear, we will leave and start a new life. And one more thing, do not call him 'baba'. Okay?" Ira nodded. Bondita left the house with Ira and headed to the train station. She decided to go to Chennai, as there are many opportunities to get a job and live a peaceful life. People are good over there and there won't be any disturbances. Ira also will be educated well. Thinking all this, she decided that Chennai is the place. She reached the train station and reserved seats for the next train. It does not take her to Chennai though but she was determined to leave this city. As the train arrived, she boarded it and thus, Bondita was ready to go.

The train started and crossed through various stations. As it reached Pune, Bondita saw someone familiar board the train. His back was facing towards her as he was pulling his trunk into the train. He then turned and Bondita's heartbeat quickened. "Him! Its him! Oh my God, is he gonna sit next to me? How am I gonna manage for the whole night?" He, after sorting out his luggage, noticed Bondita sitting here. "Omg it's her! And my seat is next to her. How am I gonna manage?" Both were having an intense eye lock. Both were confused on how the other will react. "Hey" Bondita made the first move. "Long time no see Anirudh." She laughed awkwardly. "Maa, do you know this uncle?" "Yes dear. This uncle is maa's old friend." "Yes cutie. Now what is my cutie's name?" Anirudh asked as he sat down and held Ira on his lap. "Ira." she squeaked. Anirudh smiled and then continued to play with Ira. They gradually got comfortable and after having their dinner, Ira fell asleep instantly. 

"So? What made you travel?" She asked him. "Well, I should ask you that. Where is Chandrachoor?" Bondita stifened at the mention of Chandrachoor. "He - he is busy. We are going to meet some relatives." She stuttered. "Bondita, I know you very well. There is no point in lying to me, unless you don't wanna share things with me." He trailed off and looked out of the window. "Ira is not my daughter." "What!?" Anirudh shouted, waking others up in the train. He just smiled awkwardly and then looked at Bondita with horror. "What are you saying?" "Yes, it's true. Chandrachoor had an affair with another girl and that resulted in Ira." "Bondita tell me what happened properly." "Can I really believe you again? After everything you've done?" Anirudh tried to speak against it but Bondita interrupted again. "Stop. I don't want any of your explanation. I'll just go find someone to replace the seat with mine." As she got up, Anirudh got hold of her hand and pulled her back, closed the curtains of their seat and sealed his lips on hers. Bondita was startled and then finally gave in. Anirudh missed her so very much and that resulted in tears in his eyes. Tears that resembled guilt and longing. He broke the kiss and hugged her. He bursted into tears and cried heavily on her shoulders. Bondita never saw him so broken. Thus she kept her betrayed part aside and brought back Anirudh's Bondita in herself, after so many years. She kept her hand on his head and caressed there. "What happened?" She asked and that's it! Anirudh lost himself and said, "Bondita, I'm sorry I did not realize your love for me earlier. I'm sorry. It's because of me that you are like this. Saudamini showed me your worth to me and ever since then I cannot stop myself from thinkng about you, from imagining our lives together and from loving you. I Love You Bondita. I really do. It's just that, I was a bit dumb headed to undrstand that quickly." 

Flashback:   

It was the first day of work for both Anirudh and Bondita. They had an introductory session in the meeting that was scheduled that day and both got along well. They worked in a corporate company and Saudamini was assigned to guide them through their work. Sauamini was a  cheerful person and had helped them with everything they need. The trio became so close that they used to party on friday nights. Bring gifts on each other's birthdays and were the golden trio. In the course of time, Bondita had developed a soft corner for Anirudh. Saudamini had noticed that and persuaded Boondita to tell him about it. Though being an outspoken and talkative girl, Bondita felt shy. Either way she wanted to confess. Thus she invited Anirudh to a hill top restaurant.