Chapter 1

Xavier and Maya Hastings had just arrived in a flight back to Florida.A  driver was sent to pick them up at the airport to take them home.
Through the drive home,the couple chatted happily about how much they missed their daughter. They had been away for nearly a year and finally they'd be able to see her again and have meals at the table as a family.
Before long,their home was in view and they could see their lovely daughter on the porch with a wide smile awaiting them.
Suddenly,the brakes of the vehicle failed and the driver could no longer control it's movements. The car drifted from the road and crashed into a tree, erupting into wild flames.
It all happened right before their daughter's eyes. She watched her parents being burnt up to death.
The police later arrived at the scene, trying to salvage the victims but it was already too late.
***

Khloe's POV
Beads of sweat covered my forehead as I opened my eyes. I took deep breaths until my breathing pace finally became steady and my pounding heart became relaxed. I grabbed a glass of water which was on the bedside table and gulped down almost half of the liquid before I was able to calm down a bit more.
I have been haunted by that dream almost every night. A dream which contains a horrible part of my past which I never want to recall yet it keeps coming back.
I keep watching my parents die again and again and again. And I just can't stop it.

"7.00am",my alarm clock beeped.

I got up and entered into the shower. As the water trickled down my body,I tried my best to relish the moment as if I could wash away all bad memories but unfortunately for me, it couldn't possibly happen.

Afterwards,I got dressed in a simple black dress and black stilettos. Then I let my blonde hair down in beach waves to my waist.
After getting ready,I ordered an Uber and was on my way to Greene hotel.

Greene hotel-Owned by one of the richest men in new York. The hotel is successful and popular throughout the states,that's why I applied for a job there.
As I alighted from the Uber,I stared at the building before me;the famous GREENE HOTEL bearing it's name in huge letters at the top.

"Oh Lord",I breathed as I entered the building. "I need to get this job"

Indeed,the hotel is absolutely worthy of its name and fame. Excluding the decorations,it's interiors were extremely costly and the entire environment was just beautiful.

"Excuse me",I called a red haired staff. Her name tag read 'Yessica'.

"I'm here for an interview".

"Oh... follow me",she said and led me to the sixth floor.

"Here it is",she pointed to a door on the left.

"Thanks",I responded and she nodded before leaving.

I knocked on the door to the office and a deep masculine voice answered me.
"Come in"

I entered into the office to see a dark skinned man seated inside. His thick black hair was weaved in four corn rows to the back and he wore earrings. Honestly,if this man is the owner of this place,then he's totally dope. Who am I kidding? Of course,he's the owner of this hotel.

"Good morning sir",I said shyly

"Yeah. It's Raphael Edison or Raph for short.You can cut the title",he stated "Take a seat".

I sat down as he said and dropped my resumé on the table.
He picked dit up and began looking at it.

"What's your name again?"

"Khloe Hastings,sir....I mean Raph",I spewed.

"Let me be honest with you",he breathed as he closed the resumé as if nothing inside mattered "A lot of people have applied here and some of them even look better than you do".

My confidence dropped as he said that and I couldn't help but mentally ask myself 'What's wrong with the way I look?'.

"What makes you think you're worthy of this job?",he continued "Of being a bartender at Greene hotel?"

"Umm...",I thought for a while "...I know a lot of drinks"

"That's it?That's what you think can get you a job here?"
I nodded,almost unsure of myself.

"Have you been a bartender before?",he asked.

"No.But I know every brand of wine there is"

"Have you gotten drunk before?"

"No. Never".

"Can you make yourself available for night shifts as well? We have a lot of parties here at night"

"Yeah,I guess",I shrugged "But you'll have to increase my pay".

Raph grinned.
"4 grand",he stated and my jaw nearly dropped "Start tomorrow".

I got up and walked towards the door with an ecstatic feeling.

"By the way,it's a nice place you've got here",I said to him as I turned around.

"Yeah",he stated "But I don't own the place".

A/N: Hello everyone. It's really nice to write a story for you guys to read. It's my best work so far and I'd love to know what you think.
Please vote and comment.
Love 💕 y'all.