Chapter 2

Khloe's POV
I was extremely happy. I got a job at the most successful hotel in the U.S and my pay per month,4,000 bucks. That's amazing. Honestly,I've got no problem with working through night shifts too. Perhaps,I'll be able to take my mind off my parents' passing.

🎵 Sometimes,all I think about is you. Late nights in the middle of June. Heat waves keep.....🎵,my phone rang.
I answered after viewing the caller ID. It was my uncle.

"Hello",I spoke

"Khloe,dear.How are you doing?"

"I'm fine,uncle Martin",I said "I finally got a job...You don't need to send me money anymore".

Uncle Martin stayed silent for a while before continuing.
"What job did you get?"

"I'm a bartender at Greene hotel"

"Oh really?",he asked in a hoarse tone "That's nice"

"Yeah"

"You know,you don't need to do this. You can come back to Florida. Your parents'automobile company needs you. After all,you were supposed to take over after their deaths. It's there in the will".

"Uncle...I told you already. I have no desire to come there. If I do,I don't think I'll be able to survive. I'll see their pictures and properties and then I'll remember them",I explained with a heavy tone."You have been a shareholder in the company for years and you're my father's older brother so you can run the place. Please just handle things for me".

"Okay",he breathed"But promise me that you're gonna be alright."

"Yeah I will,uncle"

"Fine. Goodbye"

"Bye,uncle",I said and hung up.

* * *

Travis Greene's POV
I took a deep steady drag of the cigarette in my mouth before releasing it. Then,I exhaled the smoke while closing my eyes and leaning into the sofa, savouring the taste of the cigarette. My right hand reached for the glass of liquor on the side table and I gulped the entire liquid in a raw attempt to calm my nerves before refilling my glass for the 5th or 6th time.

"My life is a fucking mess",I thought to myself as I took another drag of cigarette and puffed the smoke into the air. "Fuck!!",I growled as I threw the glass to the floor,letting it shatter to pieces. Then,I grabbed the bottle which was half empty and put it at my mouth, finishing the remaining liquor in just a matter of seconds.

"Shit!",I yelled and smashed the bottle on the ground as well in a fit of rage. The entire destruction didn't seem to help anything at all cause my blood was still boiling with a lot of anger.
An hour back,I mercilessly killed a family of three-A single mother and her 4 year old twin boys.

Why?

The only fucking reason is that the boys' father has been my enemy for years. He tried to kill me so many times before but as always,I've been too smart and too skilled for him. But, recently his attacks had even become even more fervent and I found out that he somehow was able to get past my super tight security and steal 20 million dollars from my bank account.
Anyway, what else could I expect?
Once a criminal,always a criminal.I got the location of his home and unsurprisingly,he wasn't there. Instead,I saw his wife and kids.

***
Flash back
"Where is he?,"I recall asking the scared woman.

"Who? I-I...don't know what you're talking about",she stammered,holding her kids very close.
I glared at them and they only recoiled in fear.

"I'm gonna ask just one more time",I sounded extremely impatient."Where is Marco Grey, your fucking husband?"

"M-Marco?",she sounded surprised at hearing the name as if she didn't hear him."Marco Grey is not my husband. I..."

"Fuck this!",I muttered to myself and shot her right in the head,followed by her two sons.

I hate it when people try to cover up for the crimes of the guilty.
Marco Grey is obviously her husband and the father of these twins so what's the point of hiding him from me? He'd still get killed in the end and I'd definitely make sure of that.

My phone rang and I picked it up, looking at the caller ID. It was an unknown number.

"Hello",I said through gritted teeth.

"You didn't have to kill those people,you know",the familiar intimidating voice said over the phone.

"Marco!",I growled in an ironically cool tone.

"Oh I know you missed me",he half-laughed.

"Cut the crap,you asshole. Tell me where the fuck you are so we can finish this once and for all."

"I thought you'd never ask",he laughed sardonically and hung up.
Immediately,I received a text message which read:
        54 Line Road

I got into my Lamborghini and drove following my Google map directions. Within 30 minutes,I arrived in front of a cabin lodge on a lonely road.
After making sure that the address was correct,I got out of the car and entered into the lodge. Just by looking around,I could tell that there were no security guards.

"Travis Greene",I heard Martin's voice call me.
Infront of me was a large swivel chair which had it's back facing me.
Marco continued"Owner of the biggest hotel in the states and one of the most successful business men..."
He turned his chair and I felt disgusted at the sight of the man who has been seeking my life for so long now. He had the usual ugly face I've always known.
"...You wanna know why I hate you so much?",he asked.
When he didn't get any response,he just continued.

"It's because you took away everything from me. You're nothing but a young man but all of a sudden,you come into the business world and my entire hotel comes to the ground. I was no. 1 but because of you...I have lost it"

"It's not my fault you lost it",I shrugged."Look,let's not make this hard. Give back my 20 million and I might consider not killing you. If you decide not to do it my way then you"ll suffer the same fate as your wife and children......
"Wife? children?",he snorted
"That woman divorced me two weeks ago. The bitch said that she wanted a crime free life for her kids. Now,she's dead."

"You're a sick mother fucker",I nearly puked,realizing that I had murdered innocent souls.

"I know",he smirked proudly.
"Now let's reconsider the deal,shall we?"

"What do you mean?",I said through gritted teeth.

"The famous Travis Greene is actually a serial killer,a murderer,an assassin! What do you think of that for the news headlines?"

"They'll never believe you".
I glared at him and he let out a sardonic laugh.

"I have records of some people you've killed. All I have to do is tap a single button...",he showed me the his phone screen "...and it will be sent to every news company in the US. Baam!That's all it takes for your entire reputation to go down the drain and soon,you'll be a broke ass drug addict just like me".

I only stared at him as he continued in his proposition: "Either that or you walk away from this place like nothing ever happened,forget about the 20 million I stole from you and forget that we hate each other... Do we have a deal?

I hesitated a bit before speaking up"Fine,it's a deal"

"Good boy",he grinned widely at me and dropped the phone on the table.

As soon as he dropped the phone,I grabbed a pocket knife and aimed it at the phone. It hit the exact spot,pinning the now spoilt device to the table.

"You idiot!",he yelled as he held out a gun to me but he wasn't swift enough to shoot. I fired at him;three bullets in his gut,two in the head and one straight to the heart.

"Damn you! You can rot in hell with the fucking 20 million",I scoffed at his dead body and walked out of the lodge  without looking back.
I had a grenade with me,which I pulled out the pin and threw into the house. In less than five seconds,I got into my car and drove away. Through the rear view mirror, I could see a section of the house explode.

A/N: Hello everyone. It's really nice to write a story for you guys to read. It's my best work so far and I'd love to know what you think.
Please vote and comment.
Love 💕 y'all.