─── ⌗𓄹٠٘ 𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗈𝗇 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗂𝗇

──── 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗶𝗶: 𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗻
❝ 𝗂𝗍 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗌 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍. ❞ !

*pretend there's a
necklace gif. i've got
some errors atm*

"Mom! that bloody dittany stings!" said Nova, attempting to push all the first-aid kit away. Nova's mom, Athena Travers kept on dabbing a cotton-soaked dittany on her wound, featherly. "Seriously, mom — it's just a scratch." she added, trying to give her mom an indubitable smile.

Her mom let out a 'tsk' before putting the cotton away. "I told you that Potter boy brings nothing but danger." she said, coming off as a sneer or maybe a lecture. "Look at your face, Nova." she pointed out to the small yet not so shallow wound on her the left side of forehead.

The girl had to resist the urge to not give out a whole speech on protecting and defending Harry in front of her mum. "It's been confirmed that they weren't there for Harry, mom." Nova sighed. "They were there because of... us." she said, her voice faltering.

Right after the event, Mr. Potter has informed them that the main reason those masked people were there is because the ongoing attack for muggles, muggle-borns, and half-bloods — basically anyone that was considered as a dirt in the pureblood community.

Sure, they saw the-boy-who-lived as their target for a second, but they didn't want to kill him nor turture him, they wanted to harm people like Hermione and Nova.

What surprised all of them was that those people who attacked them weren't even death-eaters — maybe some of them are, but majority of them were just... purebloods wanting nothing but to get rid of muggles.

"Harry and his family doesn't have anything to do with the attack — it's not their fault at all; if anything, Mrs. Potter mend my wounds, mom."

As much as Nova wanted to convince her mom that the Potters weren't at fault, she couldn't. Athena Travers wasn't even fond of Harry Potter in the first place and she had every right to not like the boy.

On their first year, Nova had been involved with he Philosopher's stone; their second year, was not much of a danger because she did not get petrified nor was she tranced in a diary; their third year was the only year when their school-year was normal, everyone was safe from the danger, but that didn't mean there wasn't any.

Peter Pettigrew was still on the loose.

But just because they had a normal experience last year also didn't mean that there won't be any danger in their way. This year, Nova felt different, like she was slowly and slowly starting to drown.

Deciding to drop the topic, Athena Travers put a star-designed band-aid on Nova's forehead. "Just be careful, Nova. I— I can't lose you too."

The girl instantly hugged her mom, letting Athena's warmth comfort her daughter.

"You won't lose me."

Waking up on the last day of August was always a hastle to Nova Travers. Not because it also meant her last day of summer, but because it wasn't the blinding sun rays that wakes her.

It was a howler instead.

"Incendio." mumbled Nova lazily before dropping her head back to her cold pillow again.