Ch 4. Partner or assistant

Heizous POV:
Finnaly thus won't just prove sango that I'm not lying, but it will also bring me and Y/n closer. And as bonus I can see why she claims we caught right person, I know I'm only one who had some crucial clues to that..

Y/n POV:
Morning arrived I gou barely any sleep, I can't remember when was last time I was so worried.

I met up with red head in front of police station and he really looked exided.

" Wait here untill I bring all the records of Ryuujis case, my partner~."Heizou said with obvious focus on word 'partner'.

"Why can't I go with you, do you think she would trust you if I said you brought everything alone?"

"Hmm, you have a point.." he said" alright then, follow me, partner~!" There it is again...

"Don't call me partner.. It's kind of annoying."

" How about.. my loyal assistant!"

"On second thought.. partner is ok." I gave up. I would lie if I said I didn't like it at all... and His humor is funny so I'll just let him be.

We got record and Heizou told me to inspect that while he stands aside to prove to someone he's not planing anything,even thow we're the only ones in room.

I went tru both Ryuujis and Shiroyamas testaments, autopsy report and every other file. I think I understood now what Sango meant, and Shikanoin probbably also wants me to say it otherwise he'll ask me how I knew. He is hiding something after all..

"Something is missing here..."

" Hm? What do you mean? This is all the police station has, you saw it since you went with me."Heizou said acting confused.

"Exactly, but I know you better than that, you were first one to give Sango a hint Shiroyama IS real murderer.." I said looking him in the eyes.

"So there must be some evidences you haven't shared with us or the police station. Am I right?" I was actualy exited about his answer because I knew he's gonna make one of those moves with hand.

" Correct! There are some things I found, but they couldn't be seen by police.. Because it would crash Ryuuji and I just couldn't let that heppen"  he said, a trace of saddnes could be heard from his voice.

"Why didn't you tell us about it?"

"Because, Sango was already really stressed and you just seemed too concered about her, I didn't want to bother you."

"Well... if you tell me about those clues I might be able to wrap it up nicely so she won't insist into looking at the case again."
____________________________

After he told me what he found I would also belive Shiroyama was real murderer even withouth my 'sence for killers'.

"Wow.. that actually makes A LOT of sence"

"But I have a question for you tho.." Heizou said looking me straight in the eyes.

Oh no.. did I do something!? He lookes at me with I-know-you're- hidding-something face.

"Yeah? What is it?" I don't know how but I'm really good at keeping my cool in situations like this.. is it because of training I want thru?

"You were on my side from the beginning, even before I told you all of this. How did you know the truth?" He was dead serious this time.

"Well.. you see.." I don't think I can get myself out of this without telling the truth, oh my God, please help me! "I grew up with lots of liars around me.. and I kind of noticed something when I met you and Sango. When people lie they give off this weird kind of energy that makes me uneasy in some way, but when I met the two of you I didn't feel it and I just guessed that's only something liars do. So when Shiroyama denyed he killed him first time I knew he was lying."

I looked at the ground bu Heizou was silent and I took it as asignal to continue." I know that's a stupid reason, but I just choose to trust it a few times and I was correct. So I like to call it 'my kind of intuition'."

"Hm I see, well as long as it's correct I have nothing against it!" He smiled.

"We should go back to Sango now" I said when I noticed it's getting late.

"Sure, are you sure she's gonna belive us?"

"I hope so.. I can't be in fight with my roomate. Especially after I said I didn't want to be dragged into this argument of yours!"

"Well.. if she kicks you out, you can always come to my place~" he said that and hugged me from behind.

My face turned red."Idiot! S-stop that!" Why couldn't I stay calm in these kind of situations too!?

"Awh~ but it's so fun teasing you~" again with his mood swings (-_-).
_________________________
" There really isn't anything else?" Sango questioned me.

"No, it's just that simple I went with him to take all the files so there was nothing to hide.." I told her.

" Hm how do you know he didn't hide them yesterday? Look at how he's looking at you right now! He deffenately told you to say all those things!"

"W-what!? NO!Come on Sango you have to trust me!" I said, what if she really stops being my friend..?

" Look Y/n, just because you like him doesn't mean you have to cover all his lies!"

" I DON'T LIKE HIM LIKE THAT! Jeez why does everyone think that!?" I was really annoyed now.

" Fine, I see you are tired of me trying to find the truth, go on close it then, but you two can forget our friendship!" Sango said she was really angry.

I didn't know what to say, I was so shocked i froze for a moment. Then I felt a hand grabbing me.

"Wow, abandoning your friends now? I get that you have trust issues but you should also TRY to trust us.." Heizou said and then pulled me away.

" But if that's what you really think, then we'll leave." His tone was cold, it kind of reminded me of someone and I slowly started to tear up.

' I really did loose a friend.. after so many years of trying to make some I lost her in a few minutes..."

We made it to Heizous house, him still holding my hand and me quietly.

We were alone since his father was on a bussiness trip for a few months.

" You can go change into my room, just pick some of mine clothes, for now.." His voice wasn't so cold anymore, but he still didn'd look at me.
_________________
Authors POV:

You changed into some of his more comfy chlotes since it was almost 9 pm now.

You came into the kitchen and saw him cooking something.

" What are you cooking?" You asked,you're eyes still a bit red from crying.

"Oh you're back! This is my special meal I call it 'The Only Truth'!" He said, he seemed back to his old happy self again.

"Ooh~ that sounds interesting" you said leaning beside him on kitchen table.

Sudenly he turned to you" How long have you beed crying there?" He asked with soft yet serious voice.

You were shocked for a moment but you continued "Well I'm not the only one wjo cried.. want me to ask you sam question?" You turned tables around because you also heard few of his sobs.

"No need.. I guess it's only natural since we've knoew each other for so long. But nothing gives her the right to just stop our friendship because of someone who already died.."

There was silence for a few moments then he spoke again "Let's just enjoy rest of the day, I don't think any of us wants to finish it with bad thoughts.."

"Yeah.. sure."

You enjoyed dinner and  went to sleep he made you sleep in his room while he went to living room(idk why not in his fathers room but ok)
__________________
Word cound:1356

Uh another long chapter..
And if you wonder how day went by so fast:

- after solving a casw you had lunch( his treat bc he's a gentelman)

-after that you had to return some dog back to it's owner, why? Because dog jumped at you andmade you fall on Heizou 🤭

-