2: The night where all the light vanished

[Chapter title from the lyrics of 'YOU AND I' by Dreamcatcher]

"Will you tell me what it is that made you like this or should I guess it myself?" Yoohyeon's sarcastic voice plucked Bora out of her reverie, out of the thoughts that has been hovering over her mind for the whole night. Confused brown hues found Yoohyeon and with arched eyebrows, gave her a tilt of her head.

"Why are you even awake? It's 4 in the morning." She took off her coat, still wearing the club outfit.  Black latex suit with red knee-high boots. Yoohyeon whistled, though didn't leave a comment regarding the outfit.

"I had this one essay to finish. I have a presentation tomorrow. Well, today would be more correct." Yoohyeon answered as she hopped up on the counter and swung her legs below like a child, biting down on a yellow apple "Now tell me what's gotten up with you."

A wry, nervous smile tittered upon Bora's face as she got reminded of what happened earlier.

Feeling the younger girl's questioning look burning her side, she gave up, mumbling out the words "I gave Gahyeon's teacher a lap dance and she doesn't know it was me."

Almost choking on the apple she was eating, Yoohyeon glanced over at Bora with wide eyes "You what?! Could you please... elaborate more??" Her jaw hung slack.

The brunette woman sighed and threw herself onto the couch "I didn't know it was her at first! After my performance, a blonde woman approached me and asked me to give her friend a special dance. And she offered a whole lotta money, so I agreed. Walking into the room and sitting on her lap, though, I noticed it was Miss Minji after like, 5 minutes of humping her lap!"

"Oh, my word." Yoohyeon exclaimed "This is amazing... Wow, that's- An elementary school teacher in a strip club enjoying a lap dance! Who would have thought?!"

Bora groaned, throwing one of Gahyeon's plushies that she had left on the couch towards the younger girl who tossed it with a laugh "It's not funny, Yooh! How the hell am I going to look her in the eyes after all this??"

"Come on! It's not like she knows it was you!"

"But I do! I know that she was there and that she enjoyed my dance. God, she said I had some kind of impact on her... Now I know Miss Minji enjoys these sorta things--! I just... God, I have to see her today, too!"

Yoohyeon rolled her eyes dramatically and jumped down from the countertop "I'm going to sleep. And I encourage you to do the same, you look like you need it right now."

Bora sighed in defeat, shaking her head as if that would help in releasing all the destructive thoughts. It didn't. So instead, she had a quick bath and joined Gahyeon in bed to have a few hours of sleep before the need to meet the teacher again in the morning.

-=-

It was not easy for a hangover Minji either to get up at 7 in the morning and start teaching while her head was throbbing like that. Even hangover pills did not seem to help. But she had responsibility and she wasn't going to turn her kids down only in their first week of school.

Every teacher has a big responsibility and that responsibility is even more stressful if the teacher is an elementary one. A child should feel some kind of connection with their dear school teacher; one must say, it was as stressful for young Minji as it was for others.

Minji always had a dream to become an elementary school teacher, which she managed to fulfill right after finishing university. And now, at twenty-nine, it wouldn't be an overemphasis to say that she was rather successful and happy.

It was the second Tuesday of September, though the weather felt like it was the middle of winter. Minji's long black threads of hair were flying around in the air before finally, she reached her car. A pained hiss left her mouth as she put her palm over her forehead, maybe wishing she could magically take the headache with her hand, though that didn't happen. But remembering the fact that she was about to meet her new kids for the second time, she could not help but let a happy smile sculpt her face. The teacher very much adored the sensation of making every day of their first school year special for the kids.