5: To the place that is nowhere with me

It was a bit chilly that morning. Minji was already in the classroom, getting ready for the lesson. The kids were still yet to arrive.

It had been almost a week since that night in the club and the kiss she shared with the mysterious dancer, yet it was still hard to push that woman out of her mind. Her discipline held during the week, she immersed herself in her work, and in the evenings she feverishly sketched and wrote. But the nights were not so easy. And particularly that morning, she was feeling a bit more agitated for some reason.

She has been thinking about not going to that bar anymore, but she didn't want to leave without apologizing. She decided to visit for the last time tonight, only to say sorry and tell Sua that she would not go there anymore.

Maybe she hoped for something a little bit more deep inside, but she didn't let her mind go there. She had blown her brain away enough with all the thoughts rambling all days and nights.

Then, a call was what interrupted the rapid speed of her thoughts. She looked down at the number, and the name on it totally left her bewildered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Minji, it's Bora, Gahyeon's mom." The voice on the other line seemed nervous.

"Oh, good morning!" Minji put down the papers on her table and decided to walk around the classroom. Or maybe she did not decide, her nerves just seemed out the surface at that moment to just stay in one place. "How's Gahyeon?"

"She's good, thank you," Bora said. "We went to the park yesterday evening. She loves playing there. I think she's all ready to come to school again tomorrow, I called to ask if you could possibly send me anything new you've taught the kids so she doesn't feel left out."

"Oh, we were just working on writing the alphabet this week and as far as I know, Gahyeon already knows how to read and write. Which is impressive, actually."

Bora laughed, a shy colour to her voice as she said "Yeah, we taught her last year since she told us she was interested."

Who's we?

Minji stopped her lips before asking the question, almost punching herself right there and then for being so nosy.

Subtlety wasn't Minji's strong point. And yet, she still didn't know for sure if Bora was single. But she wasn't about to come out and ask her directly. After all, Minji reminded herself, the woman had a daughter so she must be straight.

That's not only how it works, dumbass, she might have gone through IVF, her brain supplied not so helpfully.

"That's so great, you're doing such a good job with her."

"Thank you. My roommate is also helping a lot. You met her, I think."

"Oh, right! Yoohyeon, yes?"

"Mhm, I'm surprised you remember." Her tone was much calmer now.

"Well, I have a good memory," Minji told out with a confident smile, leaning on one of the student's desks.

Bora breathed a laugh through the phone "I can see that very well."

The silence was about half a minute long before Minji almost squealed out a sentence-like declaration "Uh, actually, there is one thing I'd like Gahyeon to know before tomorrow. 
We made little cardboards for our week's to-do list and we have plans for tomorrow, too. Though, sadly I cannot send it through the Internet since it has to be handmade. Though I can give you all the things for it to be made, with instruction of how to make it. Will you be able to come throughout school hours?"