Chapter 3: First Day Jitters

I'm awoken by knocking on my door. Then Sophie pops her head in.

"Glad to see you awake. I know you just got here today but I think we should get you enrolled in school." Sophie says. I nod and crawl out of bed making myself look presentable. I take a quick shower. Throw my hair in a ponytail, then slide some jean shorts on with a long sleeve fox jersey. I slide my converse on and head downstairs. Chloe is scarfing down some cereal and reading on her phone. Sophie offers me a cup of coffee and I gladly oblige. I take it and add sugar and cream then sit down next to Chloe.

"So you're starting at Lake City today?" Chloe asks.

"Yep, what grade are you in?" I respond

"Good ole grade 9, but I'm on the cheerleading squad, softball team and volleyball team."

"Jeez you are pretty busy." I say and she nods.

"Yep right now Softball is starting while cheerleading is all school year." She explains.

"On that topic, do you have your bags?" Sophie asks and Chloe sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Yes mom." She says and I laugh. I finish my coffee, and Chloe grabs her bags.

"Cass, do you think I can meet you at the school?" Sophie asks.

"Yeah I can." I say and she nods, grabbing her purse. I grab my school bag and lead Chloe out to my car. She loads her bag into the backseat and we leave while she gives me directions. I park in the student parking lot, she grabs her stuff and leads me to the office. Sophie is already there signing forms and other things.

"Hi Doll." The sweet secretary lady says. SHe reminds me of Reba. "We don't have a whole lot of classes to offer her, but we have a couple choices." SHe says and hands me a sheet. I pick the choices that interest me and the desk lady prints me a paper with all my classes and the locations.

"By the way doll I'm Eleanor. If you need anything you can come and ask me." Eleanor says and I nod making my way to my first class. I knock on the door with the number that matches. A young man answers the door.

"Hi is this English 20 with Mr. Wall?" I ask and he nods. I walk in and notice Austin is in this class. I go to sit beside him and he looks at me weirdly so I sit behind him. I pull my books out and we begin the lesson. However the weird look Austin gave me is stuck in my head. I shake it out of my head and try to concentrate. When the bell rings, I pack my stuff up and get stopped by Austin.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the way I looked at you." He says.

"No I get it you don't want to be seen with the new girl." I say walking away from him while trying to find my next class. It takes me some wandering before realising I should have just stayed in my last classroom. I walk back to Mr. Wall's classroom. Me coming back makes him laugh.

"Forgot you have history next class?" He jokes while coming up to me.

"Yeah this week has been a little crazy." I say sitting back down.

"I figured moving to a small town like this and all." He says sitting on a desk in front of me.

"Yeah and only knowing three people is really kicking my butt now." I say.

"Well there are good people here, just give them time. We don't get new people ever." He says making his way back to the front. Two absolutely gorgeous girls walk in and sit in front of me. One has jet black hair and a pale complexion kind of like Wednesday Addams only way prettier, while the other has bouncy blonde curls with a malibu barbie tan. Malibu Barbie turns around first.

"Hi! I'm Josie!" She says with a smile.

"Cassidy." I respond.

"You're new aren't you." She says.

"Yep, got here last night." I reply. Wednesday has yet to say anything.

"Quinn could that have been who the guys were helping last night?" Josie asks her. Wednesday doesn't respond.

"Did you move in with Sophie and Abner Moore?" Josie asks.

"Yeah they are my godparents." I respond.
"So you were the girl, Caden, Willard, and Austin were helping." Wednesday Addams finally speaks up.

"Yep." I say bluntly.

"She's just a little jealous." Josie says with a wink and a smile.

"I'm not interested in your boyfriend if that's what you're worried about." I whisper leaning up toward them. Wednesday Addams glares at me but Josie elbows her.

"Of course you weren't." She smiles at me and turns back around ending the conversation. That was hella weird. Outcome of having friends looks exceedingly small. I sigh and try to survive the rest of my day.

***********************************************************************************************Surprisingly I make it to lunch. I grab my food and end up sitting alone. For a while I thought this might be like footloose but goodness I was wrong. I was deep in thought when Willard comes and sits next to me.

" Whatcha doing?" He asks in an annoying voice.

" Plotting your death." I say with a straight face. He starts laughing then notices my face.

"You were kidding right?" He asks so then I change the subject.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to get back to?" I ask. He laughs again.

"Now what makes you think I have a girlfriend?"

"Well Wednesday Addams was pretty poopy with me for you guys helping me." I say and Willard laughs again.

"Her name is Quinn, and that's Cade's girlfriend. She is just bitchy. Don't let her know you call her that." He says. "Now c'mon." He says grabbing my stuff and walking me to their table. Willard sets my tray in between Austin and himself.

"Hi Cassidy!" Josie says. "How were your other classes?" She asks.

"Good, at my old school I was ahead so I'm basically relearning it." I explain.

"Cool." Caden says while stuffing his face with fries.

"So, Cassidy." Quinn says. By the way, she said my name; I'm assuming she already dislikes me. "Why did you move to Scranton?"

"Yeah it's not everyday we get someone new." Willard adds. Austin just looks at me.

"My parents died and my godparents live here." I say quietly. Everyone goes quiet. Then I hear Quinn speak up.

"I'm sorry. I lost my mom too." She says. I nod and begin packing my things up.

"Where are you going?" Josie asks.

"I should be leaving." I say and grab my bag to leave. I've done enough socialising for today. Sophie should understand. Right?                          ***********************************************************************************************

By the time I get back to my room, I'm a blubbering mess again. I crawl into my bed and cry. I cry till it feels like I'm drowning. I can't breathe and honestly I'm done with life. I crawl into my bathroom and turn on the shower. For some reason that always helps. It almost washes the day away from me. After an hour or so I get out. I open my pill bottle, and dry swallow two. I slide under my covers and try to forget this day. 

***********************************************************************************************

Remember to comment, vote, and keep reading! 

Jkennedy1818