048,

pls read in dark mode for this chapter, ty

EPISODE NINE
the piggyback.

IT HAD gotten dark, almost pitch black outside as the only brightness that could be seen was the small blue light coming out of their lanterns.

every breath you take played through nova's headphones as she took small steps around the attic, looking around and trying to find vecna.

the three had all split up and were all looking in different rooms of the house. nova jumped slightly when she felt somebody tap her.

lucas and erica stood there with wide eyes as she frowned, erica lifted up the notebook, nova glanced at it and her eyes widened.

found vecna !!

she nodded slowly and lucas and nova followed erica as she guided them to where she found him. erica's lantern was on a table and flashing brightly. nova walked over to it and let out a breath as her lantern flashed.

she turned back to face the sinclairs, nodding slowly as erica went to go and start phase one. lucas walked towards her slowly, and she looked at him with worried eyes.

the two sat down in another room by the window opposite each other, waiting for erica's signal. they didn't write to each other, or even look at each other as nova avoided his gaze, looking around the room.

she brought her legs up to her chest and sighed, crossing them, she glanced at lucas who was looking down at his feet.

she picked up up the notebook, and began to write something on it. lucas looked over in interest.

hi.

it read. she smiled lightly and he returned it, picking up his notebook and writing back to her.

hi :)

she smiled at the smiley face he had drawn, and shook her head with a smile, picking up the pen and beginning to write on the paper.

i'm glad you're here.

it read. he raised his brows, smiling brightly as he scribbled something onto the paper.

me too!

she tilted her head and smiled at him, his smile being so contagious. she noticed he was writing something down on the paper again and raised a brow.