CHAPTER ONE

Chapter One

Home Doesn’t Sure Feel Like It

SYDNEY’S POV

SYDNEY’S POV . .

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. 

The constant movement of the aging clock continued to ring in the area as the light gray walls overshadowed the darkness that surrounded the room. Looking around there wasn’t much more to the consistency of the room. As it was very bearish, very common as a waiting room. Which meant that there was nothing that could stop me or would draw me from wanting to stay. And help me plot an escape. 

All I could continue to hear while sitting in this painful excuse of a room was the clock. While the hours didn’t move any faster. And only seconds continued to pass. Even looking at the clock it didn’t even strike past ‘11:30’ any faster. It didn’t move more than one second, then another. Until it hit another minute. As anyone could go into another trance while waiting out here. 

“Sydney. I’m ready for you.” The familiar voice spoke up as I looked away from the clock reaching on the other side of the hall. It wasn’t staring away from the clock that was the challenge. It was getting up. Getting up and moving around to get into the much larger room that the voice came from. 

A room that was meant for peace, for safety. 

But it sure didn’t feel like it. I couldn’t feel peaceful. I couldn’t feel any safer, than when I go home sitting there acting like I’m alright. Acting like everything is ok. And that nothing ever happened before I left. Or when I returned. That there was this constant demon eating away at my soul trying to make me more and more miserable everytime I wanted to continue the facade. 

When standing up and approaching the room I could see the gentle smile provided to me by the figure. Provided until I walked past into the largely drawn room dawned multiple different aesthetics. Anyone who walked in here would see the casual lighting, mixed with other techniques. And the blend of each aesthetic in attempts to make someone comfortable to admit their deepest fears, secrets, and try to face the outcome of their situation more than once.