it was one time

When Ekko rolled up to the biggest Piltover house he had ever seen in a car Heimerdinger had rented for him, he should've known what was coming.

Since he and Heimerdinger had met, they'd both provided each other with a unique view on the other's world—Heimerdinger with Zaun and Ekko with Piltover. But now he was having to make his way to a party that was acres too fancy for him. All to get Heimerdinger's letter to Viktor. Wherever the Hell Viktor was.

Ekko had heard a lot about his friend's former assistant in his time at the tree, but he'd never seen him. And to be honest, he never wanted to. But yet here he was, dressed in some fancy golden suit with an equally as ornate mask on his face. He preferred his firelight mask.

Heimerdinger had described the man to him and the cane seemed like the only way Ekko would be able to identify him. Either way, he had to try. This letter could solve so much. Personal preference aside, he had to do this.

Unfortunately, that personal preference included a certain blue haired woman.

"Good afternoon." Ekko approached the bodyguards at the door with the practised posture Heimerdinger had drilled into him. Then he handed them his invitation—a swindled fake that, to quote the Professor, would fool anyone.

Ekko held his breath as the invite was scrutinised. The woman flipped it over, eyeing him.
"Alright, go on." She waved him through. The other opened the door, light and soft music spilling out into the nighttime streets. Ekko nodded, slipping in and only then allowing himself to breathe.

Oh thank the stars. He thought, straightening his suit. He just had to stay, pretend to mingle for a moment, find Viktor, and get out. Easy.
He scanned the crowd. So easy.

The mansion belonged to the Kiramman's, and the masquerade was being hosted most likely to hide the fact that their daughter was AWOL. But Ekko hadn't seen Caitlyn or Vi since the bridge where he'd fought—

He froze. Ah.

There, across the room in a stunning black and gold dress, was a woman. Her blue hair was tied into a neat, braided bun. Ekko bristled. The mask hid her maniacal eyes so well he almost saw Powder.
Jinx. He thought. The thing was, Powder was dead. That was why he and the firelights had painted her onto their mural. She was gone. He shook himself.
He had to stop thinking about her.
But then why was it so hard?

Her being there brought up...complications. Complications he wasn't sure he could handle.

(part two soon!)