Another chance

Making up for his mistakes is not easy. Haewon gave him cold shoulders since the night when she almost left him. Guess Taehyung got scared when he realized that Haewon can leave him without a doubt. He was shaken by it, and he would rather fix everything than lose her.

As for Haewon, everything changed since that same night. Taehyung still works hard but he's around more often. He's not out of reach anymore. Haewon honestly didn't think that she'd forgive him. Seems like the vow they swore to each other holds them together after all. For better and for worse. So she stayed, not as warm as before but loving enough for them to start trying to build a family again.

Both of them are them taking it slow, fixing them little by little, until Taehyung had the courage to talk about the miscarriage; sober this time. He even asked Haewon to take him to the baby's grave when she mentioned that they buried the baby. When Haewon lost her baby, she told the nurses to keep the unborn baby. When she told Dami that she's ready, they gave her the baby wrapped in a little white cloth. Haewon cried so hard when she held her baby, it felt like her world collapsed once again.

She then decided to hold a proper burial for her baby, but she didn't dare to ask Taehyung to come. She'll be doing things on her own from then. So she did it all alone. A proof that she is stronger now. That she deserves better than this.

Now, they're both seated in front of the grave of their child. Both are not saying anything, probably they didn't know what to say as they both felt like failed parents. Taehyung sniffed as he freely let his tears fall down to his cheeks. The guilt in him that he'll carry forever grows stronger as he sits right in front of the child he didn't want. Suddenly, Haewon gave him an envelope without spending a glance at him. When Taehyung opened it, his palm landed slowly to his mouth.

"I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I couldn't.... I couldn't tell you sooner." Haewon picked her nails unconsciously.

"I'm afraid, Taehyung." she continued. Taehyung doesn't know what to feel.

"Is... is the baby... mine?" he looks at her with shaking eyes. Haewon nodded.

"What are w-we gonna do? I'm scared-" Haewon started to get emotional. Taehyung moved closer to her so he could wrap his arms around her.

"We're going to be fine, Haewon." he rubs her back to soothe her.

"I'm here now. We're going to be fine." Taehyung kissed her forehead to assure her that there's no need for her to worry, again. 

*•°*•°*•°*