3.

Nightmares.

Of course it was nightmares. You dreamt of your life before jujutsu high. Yes just grow it like that sweetie, you are helping all the kids eat today, you will feed all of your siblings. You remembered all of the times your 'mother' praising you for growing these plants that supposedly helped kept your siblings fed. You were so proud, everyone would be well fed, no one would go hungry. She lied. Of course she did. Yet how could she.

All of your siblings were gone, whether they went to sleep and never woke up again or just disappeared after your 'mom' took them out for "dinner" for their amazing grades. Oh you did so well honey, let's go out today! There's someone I want you to meet... You grew sick of it. One day you decided to search up what kind of plant you were growing, you never saw it when you looked at your food, or in the kitchen at all. You grew suspicious of your mom making you grow so much yet you never see it in food.

One day when she went out for work, you were the only one at home. You didn't know where everyone else was, You were just 10 after all. You snuck upstairs to your moms room and opened the door, she forgot to lock it that day. You went up to the only device in the entire house, a computer on a desk in her room. You search up a description of the plant you grew.

Water Hemlock

Oh.

There. A picture and description of the exact plant was in front of you. So much made sense now. Why your mom wanted so much, why strange people would come over asking her about "the plant", why I rarely saw it in food but sometimes saw it in some of my siblings food and why they never woke up again. Why there was a door only mom was allowed in and no one else always with several locks on it.

Several realizations hit you at once. You quickly looked at a clock seeing it was already 1pm. Mother would be home at 3:30 unless she went out with friends today. You ran out of the room quickly after clearing the search history and turning off the computer, you didn't want your mom knowing you knew.

You sprinted to your room pulling out your very worn backpack dumping out everything in it. You grabbed your piggy bank frantically and stuffed it inside then ran to your drawers and took out your very few clothes and carefully packing them into your bag, being mindful of space.

You racked your brain for other things you'd need as you grabbed your only toy, a simple wooden carved boat your older sister made for you. You shoved it into your bag before running back to your moms room and grabbed a pocket knife you saw earlier, you might need it for a lot of things, and the first aid kit.

You then ran down the stairs with your bag and slid into the kitchen grabbing all of the ziplock plastic bags, those could come in handy. You opened the cupboards and grabbed a colorful plastic bowl and some spoons, forks and plastic knives. You knew how messy being outside could be so you grabbed all the wet wipes too, you didn't care if you left your mom with none of these items anymore. She killed your siblings. ALL OF THEM.

Tears filled your eyes as you grabbed your water bottle, refilling it and wrapping a lot of rubber bands around it before placing everything into your backpack carefully. You grabbed a couple foods and zipped up your bag. You took one last look at your house, it used to be filled with laughter and smiles but now it was empty and silent, this was all HER fault.

Even as young as you were you knew better than to stay knowing what you knew now. No telling if one day you'd accidentally spill the secret. No telling if you were going to be next. No telling if she'd do anything to you.

Young you turned the front door's knob and left for good.

Upon waking up you felt absolutely drained. The past two days sure have been eventful, your friend dies, you get mugged, you strike a deal with your mugger, become a spy, and now you are starting extra training with the second years. You couldn't catch a break. Your nightmares and dreams weren't helping either.