Chapter 3.

(WARNING: this chapter contains graphic depictions of violence and gore. If you are not comfortable with violence and/or gore, feel free to skip half of this chapter because that's what it's about. The other half is not. Enjoy xoxo)

The ghost girl's claws dig into my back, her high frequency scream rattles my bones.

She keeps scratching me, and scratching me, causing me to scream in agony.

The curly redhead looks me in the eye, once again.

She doesn't break eye contact until I begin to feel uncomfortable and look away.

I shouldn't have done that.

She scratches the right side of my stomach, tearing the autumn-colored jacket I was wearing. Along with the jacket, she tears the black blouse I bought three days ago. It cost a fortune.

She keeps scratching in that same spot until she starts biting my stomach, ripping my skin like a piece of paper.

The ghost girl doesn't bite or scratch me anymore because she begins to eat my red, blood flesh.

The redhead doesn't seem satisfied so she tries to scratch my face. I try to swat at her almost human-like shadowy arm.

Again, I shouldn't have done that.

She grins this horrific grin, exposing her sharp, bloody teeth. The ghost girl bites the tip of my ring finger, just below my nail bed, and she eats it, drinking every last drop of my blood she seems to like so much. I scream louder and longer than I have been. "You filthy cannibal!" I yell, tears tricking down my blood-covered face.  Technically, she's not really a cannibal because shes not a human, but she (hopefully) got the memo.

The girl seems to either full or satisfied. Probably both.

She disappears out of existence. Hopefully she doesn't come back.

I look to my left, my neck cracking severely.

I look out of my blood-covered window and windshield, ans it appears I have an audience.

Wonderful.

I have an audience witnessing my near-death experience.

"Rennette!" My assistant yells.

I open the door, groaning.

The right side of my body feels like it was stabbed by a billion knives.

I get off the driver's seat which is ripped and bright red.

• • •

As I get out, the crowd in front of my car gasp at my appearance.

The majority of the crowd's jaw is practically on the floor.

"Rennette are you okay?" Tam says, her straight hair blowing in front of her eyes.

"Yes---i don't know---okay, no." I wince.

I take off my half torn jacket and tie it around my waist, right where blood is spewing out in every direction.

The audience is covering children's eyes. Good. They shouldnt see me like this.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital? Or to call 911?" She says, panicked.

"Uhh---ow---the hospital, please?" I say, looking at my bitten finger.

I'm never going to play in the movie looking like this.

Tammy walks away, her phone up to her ear.

A woman, who appears to be in her late 30's or early 40's walks up to me, her eyes swelling up as she looks at my broken body.

"Honey, how did this happen?" She says, putting her brown hair behind her ear.

Didn't she see? She was with the audience who got a front row view of my near-death experience.

"I got attacked by a demonic redheaded girl." I say, pulling my frazzled skirt down.

I shouldn't move. It hurts when I move a millimeter.

The brunette woman laughs, as if she thinks it's some sort of joke.

"Oh, you're so funny, sweet pea. You were clearly attacked," she gestures toward my bright red body.

She continues, "but not by a redhead. You weren't attacked by anything at all! Quite peculiar, I'd say." She chuckles, walking away.

Something's wrong with that woman. I was attacked. She's probably blind or something.

A teenage boy with curly hair walks towards me. "Quite the show you put on. Very convincing, with the whole screaming and crying, and all the 'blood', you should be in a movie!" He punches my right arm, and I want to hurt him. I wasn't acting. I was attacked. He's probably blind too. I rub my shoulder where he punched me. The blouse is covering most of my shoulder, but I can see it's mauled by the spawn of Satan.

"Glad you enjoyed it." I say, adding every ounce of sarcasm I possibly can in this moment.

He laughs like I said something incredibly funny and walks away, grabbing a blue trimmed skateboard.

"Rennette! I called the ambulance, which turns out, costs money? Can you believe that? Anyway, they said that I had to bring you in, unless you had insurance---and I was like 'I'm not her mom! I'm her assistant!', which clearly, the snotty receptionist lady did not like at all and she said some stuff I didn't pay attention to and then she just told me to bring you to the hospital, but if you don't have insurance, then you'll hafta pay, but I don't if you do, so.." Tam rants.

I don't have insurance, and I can't afford to pay, so I have to deal with it on my own, maybe by some painkillers, and wraps.

Maybe I'll be able to do the movie after all.

I look forward, avoiding Tam's eyes, and the audience is gone.

"Thanks, Tam, but you're a kid---no offence---but you probably have school and I don't want to bother you because it is Wednesday after all." I say, clutching the right side of my stomach.

"Oh okay. Well yeah, I guess, it's okay, I do have school, but honestly, this job is more important to me, but my mom wants me to go to school and get a 'real job' or else she's gonna kick me out, she said, so just call me if you need me. I'll skip school if you need me between eight thirty to three thirty. Bye, boss!" She walks forward to her house.

I get in my car that looks like a crime scene, and begin to drive home, despite my injuries.

I reach my apartment when I meet a familiar set of stone-cold black eyes.