Meeting Gin

Dani's POV

I was sitting at the table eating my cereal while my brother was finishing last minute homework while downing his third bowl. I crossed my arms and shook my head at him. "Don't." He said without looking at me and I smiled. "Dani, I don't want to hear it."

   "Mom and dad will kill you." I whispered.

   "You need to shut the hell up." He looked up.

   "What are you going to do?" I asked.

   "You should mind your business." He got up and put the bowl in the sink. I got up and put mine in the sink as well. "Fine, I'll go tell mom and dad that I lied about why you were on the phone last night and it wasn't about a health project on reproductive health." I turned and walked away. "Oh m-" My brother's hand covered my mouth.

   "Why did you cover for me." He asked and I licked his hand. "Nasty!"

   "Don't put your hand on my face. I don't know where you put that gross thing!" I hit him. "I did it because you already sounded upset and the last thing you needed was mom and dad going off, so there." I rolled me eyes.

   "Thank you."

   "I also want to go to all your football games and parties with you. You go I go." I smiled.

   "No."

   "Da-" 

   "Fine!" He yelled. "You're fucking annoying." He mumbled walking away. "Be ready in 15 or you're walking to school." I smiled at my small victory and went back up to my room. I grabbed my bag. I went out to my brother's car and got into it. He got into it moments later and just drove. He turned the music up which was a sign he did not want to talk to me. We got to school, and he hopped out of his car. He went to his trunk and took his football bag out. "Who y'all playing today Richie?" I asked.

   "The rich white kids from across town." He grumbled.

   "You love playing them. They're the only ones who give you a run for your money. Its should be a good game."

   "I want an easy game today Dani." He rolled his eyes.

   "Then whoop the spoiled, little, white, boys asses and send them back to their nanny's. It is really that easy and then tackle baby this weekend. If you need my help I'm always here. I got to go find my girls!" I walked away and went into the building. I was excited to go to the football games. I didn't get to always go, but as long as my parents know Richie will be responsible for me. I just needed a little more fun in my routine.

            I was sitting in class when Jocelyn flopped in her desk in front of me. Our five pushed together desk filled with Shawna, Mona, and Brooklyn soon after. Shawna was grinning at me, and I rolled my eyes. I leaned back in my chair, "What Cheshire cat?"

   "Are you coming to the game?" Shawna asked.

   "Yes, I am." I grinned back just as big.

   "What did you use over Richie?" Mona laughed.

   "Remember that party last summer?" I lied knowing I was keeping that secret still.

   "Oh damn not the big guns." Shawna laughed.

   "Heaven said she's coming."

   "Because we're playing her rich white kids." Brooklyn rolled her eyes.

   "Damn you still mad as hell that her parents moved her to a different school. She is still Heaven, and you can't be mad at her for her mom getting a better job. Shit she spends a lot of time with us still." I defended her.