Chapter one: The Church

The wars and factions were, to say the least getting worse than before.

     As more disagreements broke out, the more violent threats and actions had gotten. You didn't believe in religion or in this case gods, the idea humors you, though-- during these times you could only hope and pray to whatever was out there to help you out these miserable times. Your house was destroyed and went up in flames more than you could count, your resources were looted, and were killed in war. You didn't understand why these events happened or what made them happen, you rarely and hardly ever made enemies.

     The familiar blonde that had stuck by your side had recommended the idea of praying to Church prime, a building you had not known existed. The building was also known to cleanse anything affected by the crimson vines of the Egg, a cult you did not want to stumble upon. 

     When Tommy for the fifth time begged you to come with him to the Church you accepted in defeat, your mood instantly brightening up at the boy's joy and cheers, the first time in a while seeing his sky blue eyes sparkle-- the light in his eyes weak before. He accompanied you down the Prime path, the wood material beaten and the color bitter.

     "--And we're here! I forgot to mention you had to bring an offering but anything is fine, this poppy can do-- here."

     The red poppy was passed to you, holding the flower carefully in your hands to not damage the delicate petals. Entering the entrance of the marble house the inside was surprisingly nicely decorated, the stands of armor were questionable but you decided not to comment on it. Standing like a lost puppy you watched as Tommy fluidly moves around the area, trailing behind him when he motions for you. He grabbed two empty bowls filling them with what seemed like holy water that flowed from the roof, he was kneeling in front of the water source.

     "You've gotta cleanse, put the flower down and kneel beside me Y/n."

     Once kneeling down with the poppy discarded beside you he placed the bowl in front of you, he washed his hands and face and you followed. The rest of the water is wiped off with your sleeve. Your knees ached as you stood back up, the poppy back in your hand and the bowl back in the chest where it was taken from.

     "Ranboo can't use the holy water so he has to be washed in holy dust instead, Tubbo one time snorted the dust and we--we joked that he was doing HOLY DRUGS--"

     Tommy broke into a fit of laughter after he was unable to keep a straight face, soon you joined in. As the laughter died down there was a comfortable silence, you missed this. Too much to admit aloud.

     "Let's not waste any more time, they're probably getting pissed off from how long we're taking."

     "What was this god's name again?"

     "XD."

     "XD?"

     A chill had suddenly gone down your spine, and a sudden warmth on your shoulder makes you peer behind your shoulder. You couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing, soon prompting it was a good thing considering you're in a building of God. Tommy kneeled beside the chairs in front of the desk, hands locked together underneath his nose. Gently laying the poppy near the golden bell you stood beside him, refusing to kneel.

     You began praying, for peace, for freedom, for no more war, for nothing but good. The thought of Tommy crossed your mind, and you began praying for him. He was just a kid, a kid who did not deserve any of this. The warmth on your shoulder returned, tingling through your body bringing comfort. If you listened closely you could hear whispers in an unknown language, your brows furrowing in confusion. 

     Whoever or whatever was speaking didn't sound.. threatening, at least from what you could tell. You crack your eyes open after a while finding the boy now sitting on the edge of the seats, his face in a huge grin.

     "How was it! Did it respond, what were you praying about, isn't it nice?"

     "It was odd? I don't know how I feel about it."

     "It's your first time don't worry, it'll be normal after a while."

     "Maybe."