Chapter 39 A

Gear up for Anika's business woman avatar in this chapter

..

..

Story continues from the point when Priyanka left for her business meeting 

..

..

Dadi looked proudly at Prinku's retreating figure, she was again scolding someone on the phone. Now she looks like the strong granddaughter of Late Prithviraj Singh Oberoi. She turned towards her family "Meri Prinku bahut samajhdar ho gayi hai. Ab time aa gaya hai ki sab log therapy lo in 3-4 mahine mein aur tum sab khote bhi thodi samajhdaari seekho" (It's time for all of you to take your mental health seriously and become wise like my darling granddaughter.)

Shakti and Tej whined like kids, they know they're idiots but why she has to say the same in presence of their children but they nodded enthusiastically after seeing her angry eyes.

Shivaay was lost in his thoughts, it won't be easy to take out 3 to 4 months when you have so many responsibilities "Dad but what about our business and how will we manage household expenses and staff salary?

Jhanvi muttered with much difficulty "Prinku has transferred one crore rupees in my account, it will be more than enough to manage our expenses for a very long time."

Tej puffed up his chest, finally one of his offsprings has business acumen like him. Now he is not worried about Om's choice of career but it feels great when his legacy will live long with his daughter.

Anika smiled at her thoughtfulness, Prinku is almost like her because she has also deposited the same amount in Dadi's account for their expenses but it's good that someone from the family is taking care of everything. She looked at Tej and Shakti "Uncle, ap dono ko bura na lage toh mere pass business ke liye ek suggestion hai (If you all don't mind, I have a suggestion for your business)

Tej and Shakti nodded without any doubt but one man was scrunching his nose and his snobby self came out unknowingly "Anika, are you sure? Ummm..I was talking about business"

Anika gave a weak smile to Shivaay, everybody noticed his condescending tone. Now they get it that why Anika wants him to work on his personal growth, he is definitely guilty but somewhere still stuck in his past.

Om glared at him and Shivaay realised his mistake but it was late because Tej reprimanded him "Shivaay, don't assume things without listening to her input. I have always taught you that no idea is bad before listening to it, if we like it then we should have the intent to work on it"

Shakti also shook his head in disappointment "Anika beta bura nahi maano, hum log sunn na chahte hai tumhara suggestion" (Please don't feel bad, we want to hear your suggestion)

Anika smiled at them, Shivaay needs to learn so many things if he has to live with her now because their business ideologies will definitely clash in future and he should be prepared to back down sometimes. Now she has no doubt that his family will definitely keep a check on him.

She turned towards Tej "Uncle, I have studied reports of OI, you all are not totally bankrupt but financial health of Oberoi Empire is in ruins and your operating efficiency is almost near to zero."

Shivaay was in a state of disbelief, Anika's words about business and financial terms was like a eighth wonder for him. He couldn't curtail his curiosity; before he could realise he already blurted out "Do you even know anything about operating efficiency?"

Anika smiled and wrote some formulas on a piece of paper, this was enough to seal his mouth again. He shouldn't underestimate her now, she has many tricks under her sleeve. Others looked at the paper and Shakti chuckled at him "Shivaay beta, should she give everyone a lecture about financial ratios to calculate Operating efficiency or is that formula sufficient for now?"