Chapter 52

Shen Dehan's collapse set off the beginning of the night's chaos.

"Ah!" With a short cry of shock, this time it was Mrs. Tian who fell limply to the ground.

"Wenyao!" With his wife in his arms, Tian Taoping shouted angrily at Tian Wenyao, who was still standing dumbfounded.

The familiar voice brought Tian Wenyao to his senses, and with a fierce glance at Fang Jiaying beside him, Tian Wenyao rushed to his mother. As Tian Wenyao came over, the people who gathered around Tian Taoping made way for him, covertly watching him. Tian Wenyao tried to act as if nothing had happened, and hurriedly left with his father carrying his mother.

Fang Jiaying's expression was indifferent as she stared at Tian Wenyao's hastily leaving back. She straightened her back and did not move. When footsteps came from behind her, Fang Jiaying turned around with an unchanged expression and met the eyes of her father and mother.

Mr. Fang's eyes were filled with unconcealed anger, while Mrs. Fang seemed incredulous, gazing at Fang Jiaying with a look of disbelief. Fang Jiaying stared at her parents in silence for a while before suddenly smiling, "Tonight is really impressive, what do you think, Dad, Mom?" Without waiting for her parents to say anything, Fang Jiaying had already curbed her smile, "Father, I will go to the company tomorrow. I am a bit tired today, so I will go and rest first."

Fang Jiaying finished speaking and left straight away. She had already been an obedient girl enough, and she had had enough of being at the mercy of her parents. She was the only daughter of the Fang family. Why should she give up her inheritance rights, why should she let others step on her, and why should she pin her happiness on a man next to her like her mother? She could obviously live another life, right?

Behind Fang Jiaying, her father looked at her straight back, his eyes full of inquiry.

As the Tian family left, Shen Dehan was also carried out of the hall by the bodyguards. Shen Ji and Shen Cheng walked by his side with distorted faces. Li Mingxuan let go of Shen Xi in his arms and quickly pulled him along to follow.

Shen Dehan was carefully escorted to the car by the bodyguards, and Shen Ji was the first to get in with him. Li Mingxuan glanced at the space inside the car and pulled Shen Xi a few steps behind, "Ah Ji, Xiao Xi and I will drive over by ourselves."

Shen Ji nodded, not bothering to say anything, and urged the driver to rush towards the hospital.

The crowd in the hall was dispersing slowly. Li Mingxuan didn't want Shen Xi to be pointed at by everyone. Protecting Shen Xi, he got in the car and followed Shen Ji's car.

From leaving the hall to the present, Shen Xi had been indifferent throughout the process.

Li Mingxuan gave Shen Xi a complicated look before finally asking, "Are you worried about Uncle, Xiao Xi?"

Since Li Mingxuan had already noticed, Shen Xi had no intention of refuting and asked, "Do I look like I'm worried?"

Li Mingxuan's heart sank as Shen Xi continued mockingly, "Why should I be worried? In my eyes, he is nothing more than a stranger who carries the name of my father. He doesn't like me, and I don't like him either. Our pathetic father-son bond has long been worn away after so many years. On the contrary, not only am I not worried, but I am very happy, don't you see?"

The moment his father fell, Shen Xi could not control the pleasure he felt in his heart, especially when he thought about the reason why his father collapsed. He knew he should have controlled his emotions, but at that moment he subconsciously cocked up the corners of his mouth.

He didn't care what Li Mingxuan saw. If the warmth that Li Mingxuan brought to his heart was what he craved, he could throw it away without hesitation compared to the great pleasure he would get from destroying the Shen family.