003. galas and showoffs

༊*·˚*· ( 𝒐𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ) ੈ✩‧₊˚

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━ ˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎞 ꒱ ━━━━━

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 3

[At the Ministry Ball]

"I hate those, they're always a waste of time," Nevaeh rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. The Minister of Magic spluttered, he always thought the Ministry Ball would be the event of the year, only to be surpassed by the Potter family and the Black family and their theatrics.

OPHELIA: [whining] Why do I have to gooo?

"I understand your pain youngling," Rabastan nodded solemnly.

COLETTE: Because you're the heir to both the Potter and Chévêret lines. [she smooths down her granddaughter's dress and finds something on her dressing table. It's a necklace]

COLETTE: [She unclasps the necklace and puts it on her and places her hands on her shoulders] This belonged to your great aunt, Dorea Potter nee Black. She was a formidable woman and had a knack for creating poisons.

OPHELIA: She sounds amazing [she whispers in awe]

"She is," Charlus sighs dreamily over at his wife, who pushes him away, though everyone could see the small smile on her face.

COLETTE: [she smiled softly] She is-was.

"Was?" It wasn't every day when you found out one of the most powerful women was no longer alive.

OPHELIA: [she frowned in confusion] Was?

[Colette sighed loudly and stood up, making her way to the door.]

COLETTE: Both her and Charlus, her husband, were killed in a massacre led by Voldemort.

"What?"

The shock was evident on the Great Hall's faces. Two of the most powerful purebloods were dead? This so-called Dark Lord was doing more harm than good.

[the scene dissolves into another]

OPHELIA: Heiress Potter — daughter of Lady Doriane Potter and Lord James Potter. And you are? [she raises an eyebrow in question like the girlboss she is.]

CORVUS : Heir Black — son of Regulus Black and Navaeh Lestrange.

[the screen dissolves into another scene, one where Ophelia and Corvus were older, looking to be around the age of 11]

OPHELIA: Merry meet Heir Black. [she curtsies]

CORVUS: Heiress Potter [he nods in greeting]. Have you received your Hogwarts letter yet?

OPHELIA: Grand-mère doesn't want me to go. She thinks the English are 'stuck-up prejudice fools who blindly follow an old coot who's well past his expiry date.'.

CORVUS: [He stifles a smile at that comment.] And you? What do you want?

OPHELIA: [Ophelia's eyebrows raised in surprise. No one has ever asked what she wanted, they have only assumed. Her family tries to include her, but as their only heiress and granddaughter, they tend to get carried away. Normally she doesn't mind, it's a sign that they love her, but it annoys her in some situations.] I mean, I would like to go to Hogwarts, since that's where my father went, and from what I've heard from Aunt Lily and Aunt Pandora's stories and from my father's grimoire, it's quite an experience.

CORVUS: Well, either way, it's a pleasure meeting you, Heiress Potter.

OPHELIA: As well as you, Heir Black.

𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒏𝒐𝒘 !!

i can't wait to write more of their relationship!!
i feel like corvus would be a literal puppy,
following ophelia wherever she goes and she's like
" stop and go spend time with your friends"
and he's like "no i'd rather spend time with you 😍

i can't wait to write more of their relationship!! i feel like corvus would be  a literal puppy, following ophelia wherever she goes and she's like " stop and go spend time with your friends" and he's like "no i'd rather spend time with you  😍