6

"I've been locked in your heart-shaped box for weeks."

Luckily, I weren't in the hospital for long and my leg had fully recovered meaning that I planned to return as Ghost soon.

The Mayor often kept in touch with me and I would visit him and his family often, it was like I was one of their own kids.

Music was blasting from my speakers as I hum to the song as I work on my Ghost suit, it didn't need many repairs as it just needed me to fix some of the coding.

My phone starts ringing causing me to raise a brow as I pick it up and debate turning my music down, I answer the phone without checking the caller ID and forget to turn down the music.

"Hello?" I answer.

There was silence at the other end for a moment, which freaked me out slightly.

"I didn't expect you to answer, in honesty." A voice speaks, they sounded nervous.

The voice sounded familiar.

"Sorry, I recognise your viice but forgot your name. Can you tell me, please?" I ask.

Silence.

All Bruce could think about is how Y/N had simply forgotten him so easily unless it was something to do with the head injury, he doubted it was the head injury as the doctors told him they had fully recovered and it was almost like nothing happened to them when they finished recovering.

But the fact that they forgot him so easily aggravated him beyond words, he suddenly ended the call and slammed the phone on the table causing Alfred to look at him confused.

Y/N was the only thing he had that linked him back to his parents beside his wealth, he wanted to reconnect but had no idea of how to.

"Did something happen, Master Bruce?" Alfred raises a brow.

Bruce sat in silence for a moment as if to process for a moment, Alfred was always worried for him as he would do this often.

"Master Bruce-"

"I'm fine, Alfred."

Bruce then stood up and walked out ofbthe room to most likely go into his batcave, Alfred remained stood in the room with a worried expression on his face.

Alfred often felt guilty when Bruce acted like this as he had no idea of how to comfort him, it was difficult for him after his parents death too as he was close to the pair and Y/N and he didn't know how to parent either.

The phone call suddenly ended, it caused me to worry that it might of been that Riddler person.

Espically since it was Halloween tonight, my heart rate quickly increases as my shaky hands press to dial Don.

I didn't know what to do and since the attack that happened to me, I debated moving closer to him or possibly moving in and stopping being Ghost.

Don answered fairly quickly.

"I don't know who just called me and I'm worries, what if its him again?" I breathed out, stuttering due to the anxiety I had.

Don instantly knew who I meant and quickly became on edge like me, he knew that if riddler got a hold of their number then something like this would happen.

"I can get someone to drive you over, hold on." Don panicked.

"That's too long, I'll drive." I responded.

Don went to tell me not to but it wasn't long until my motorbike powered on and the engine revved, I quickly put on some protective gear and jump onto the motorbike.

The garage door opened and I zoomed out and drove over the speed limit towards Don's mansion, I forgot to end the call meaning he would most likely be hearing me driving as cars honked their horns at me.

I arrived at Don's mansion and parked my motorbike at the front and yanked the helmet off my head, Don soon ran out and pulled me into a hug as he rants at me.

All that I cared about was that I was somewhere safer, I sobbed as Don tried to calm me down and got someone to park my motorbike in the garage which made me realise I took the bike that belonged to Ghost.

Whatever, I'll deal with it in the morning.

Don took me inside and gave me a hot drink as I wrapped myself up in a blanket for comfort, it wasn't long until his son saw me and say next to me so we played a game or two which made me happy.

He was telling me about the Halloween costume he made and told me how next year be was going to dress up as Ghost and I could dress as a villain so we could play fight, his rambles made me smile as it reminded me of how Bruce was as a kid about how we used to play fight all the time as hero and villain.

It sometimes reminded me of that kid in the orphanage that I friended, he would often be the villain and I would have to solve his riddles to defeat him.

"Are you coming trick or treating with us Y/N?" Don's kid asked.

I didn't even know his name yet but I loved the kid as if he was a younger brother, I couldn't say no to him.

"Sure, I don't have a costume though." I shrug.

His eyes lit up.

"You can borrow my ghost mask! I bought one for next year, then no one will recognise you and you can dress like dad so you'll look intimidating!" He suggested.

I smiled and agreed which made the kid happy, he was jumping up and down then dragged me to his room so he could gey the mask.

Don saw me being dragged and gave me a smile as I returned a smile too, he was happy to see the two of us getting along.